Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Dinner for Under a Dollar!

Since my budget is really tight this week my food isn't going to be the most exciting, but it's still going to be delicious and healthy. I figured I'd just do a couple of short posts showing a meal and what it cost just as an example. I've known a lot of people over the years who think a tight budget means peanut butter and jelly and top ramen, but that doesn't have to be the case.
Last night I roasted some potatoes and a little bit of leftover tofu. I seasoned them with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Kind of like a baked tofu scramble. After they were done baking I sprinkled on some nooch and ketchup. Simple,filling and really delicious. The best part, the whole meal was about seventy cents to make. I would much rather have this than top ramen or canned soup!


4 comments:

  1. I have slightly elevated ramen (my favorite is Gefen's imitation chicken flavor, but I also love Tradition's imitation chicken), but definitely there are a lot of cheap foods out there! This looks great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love ramen, and I'm definitely not putting it down. I'm just talking about the super cheap twenty five cent ramen. I've definitely lived on that at certain times in my life and it was not good. I'd rather live on lentils!

      Delete
  2. Tofu and potato sounds amazing! I think it is so important to highlight that vegan food can be cheap and tasty and fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think because of the rise in vegan meats and cheeses which are pretty spendy, vegan food has gotten quite the reputation for being expensive. But it definitely doesn't have to be.

      Delete