Sunday, June 9, 2019

International Peace Garden


Yesterday I went to The International Peace Garden here in SLC. There are only two Peace Gardens in America, one in SlC and the other in North Dakota. It's a "green space dedicated to goodwill between nations via floral displays, statues and riverside trails."
There were a little less flowers than I expected, but it was still so tranquil and beautiful and green! I would almost say lush which is not a word I use often in the dry ass state.

The first picture is the entrance to the Vietnam space, and the second picture reminds me of a fairy tale. There were several little bridges that just looked so precious.
Isn't the butterfly bench so cute? I feel like that's definitely an Instagram shot for sure! I don't do selfies so we'll just have to settle on the bench!
The International Peace Garden is behind a park called Jordan park and it runs along the Jordan river. I was so surprised and happy to see water you have no idea. I haven't seen anything like this since moving here. Even though the water is brown and murky and it totally looks like tons of swamp things live in there, it still was so beautiful to see!!
The Jordan park has a skate park, playground and then these areas where people were playing what looked like bike polo? It looked so fun, but also so incredibly hard! The space isn't that big, so you can't get a lot of speed or you're going to crash into the wall which a few people did. Apparently this is a big deal because there were two courts having games and a ton of people waiting for the next game. Being a non sporty person I didn't even know this existed!
It was nice to see something new, something I've never experienced. I'm definitely trying to find that inspiration in and out of the kitchen!



4 comments:

  1. Looks like a lovely little park!
    Bike Polo sounds intense and dangerous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was having anxiety just watching them play! Especially when like three of them crashed into the fence!!

      Delete
  2. I think I might of heard bike polo? I feel like there is polo for everything lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was the first I had heard of it, but then again I don't ride bikes and I'm not too sporty! Ha! But I Googled it and sure enough it's a thing, and there are leagues and everything!

      Delete