Saturday, June 29, 2019

Food Nerd

When I found Vegan on the Cheap at the library, there was one recipe I wanted to make right away. When I owned this book I made this all the time. It's the garden rotini chickpea salad with inner goddess dressing. It's a pasta salad with the most ahmazing homemade goddess dressing. I used to make the dressing alone just for salads and stuff. I swear it tastes just like Annie's!!
I made a few changes. I didn't have any chickpeas but I did have a package of smoked tofu so I used that, and sadly I had no cherry tomatoes so I left them out. The dressing also calls for some olive oil which I am out of so I omitted it and it was fine, I didn't even notice a difference. The dressing is made with cashews and tahini so i feel like it's already fatty and rich enough.
At the end of each recipe in this book she mentions a little splurge you can add to the recipe if your budget allows. She suggested adding a handful of Kalamata olives which I just happened to have some in my fridge. It was a great suggestion, they add a nice little salty flavor.
This is the tofu I used. I love it so much! I can only find it at Winco. It's a Canadian company. I watch a few YouTubers who live in Canada and they use this a lot. The first time I went to Winco and saw it, I was so incredibly excited!! I don't get excited over clothes or make-up, but food thrills me to no end!


7 comments:

  1. That's awesome that you finally got to make this recipe again, and how perfect that you happened to have the olives to add!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All the times I've made this recipe I never had Kalamata olives. It's definitely a nice addition!

      Delete
  2. Oooh this recipe sounds amazing! Pasta salads are perfect for the summer, what a great dish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love pasta salad in the summer too! This one is a keeper for sure!

      Delete
  3. This is a really good recipe. To be honest, adding smoked tofu in place of chickpeas sounds even better to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the smoked tofu was a better addition myself! It gave it nice little smoky bits here and there!!
      She has so many great recipes!!

      Delete
  4. I think my library has this book. I'll have to check it out just for that dressing!

    ReplyDelete