Friday, July 6, 2018

What's Been Fueling Me

I've been having lots of cool berry smoothies. This one is frozen blueberries and strawberries, maca powder, half an avocado and banana.
Also lots of green juices. Pineapple and kale were both on sale this past week and I took advantage of that sale! This juice also has some fresh turmeric root in it.
This was a quick snack/breakfast one day. I had one of those days where two avocados needed to be used like NOW! So I had one with a little salt and South African smoke seasoning. Seriously amazing. I forgot how amazing just a simple not mashed or gussied up avocado is!
On the Fourth I made this Thai red curry with red lentils and tofu. The lentils just melted into the sauce and made it nice and thick and creamy. This was really, really tasty. Not really a traditional holiday meal, but the truth is I'm not all that into holidays. I celebrated my independence by being me.
I had some red potatoes and was thinking about what I wanted to do with them, when for some random reason potato soft tacos from Taco Bell popped into my mind. I made potato burritos because burrito shells are what I had. In case you haven't had a potato soft taco from Taco Bell, they are a soft flour tortilla with a creamy chipotle sauce, melted cheddar, shredded lettuce and spicy crispy potatoes. I've never had their creamy chipotle sauce but I made mine with chipotle hot sauce and just mayo. It was pretty dang tasty. I also skipped the vegan cheddar because I didn't have any. I cubed and roasted the potatoes with cumin, garlic powder and smoked paprika. I also used shredded iceberg because Taco Bell! These were really, really delicious and I will definitely be making them again!!
I've also been having lots of popsicles! There are lots of vegan ice creams on sale, but I genuinely want fruity and citrusy, not creamy and sweet.
Happy Friday!







12 comments:

  1. Those potato tacos sound and look delicious.Do u have a recipe for those?I'd love to try them.I'm a huge Taco Bell fan.��
    Issabetta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't write down measurements which I should have, but I peeled and chopped about six large red potatoes, put them in a baking dish with about two tablespoons of coconut oil, garlic powder, smoked paprika and cumin. About a tablespoon of each. Also salt and pepper. To make the sauce just take a couple of tablespoons or more of your fave vegan mayo and mix it with chipotle hot sauce. However spicy you like it. Spread the sauce on your tortillas, add some potatoes an shredded iceberg lettuce. Next time I make these I will write down what I did because they're soooooo good!

      Delete
    2. I forgot to say cover the baking dish with the potatoes with foil and bake in a 350 oven for about thirty to forty five minutes.

      Delete
    3. Thank you!��

      Issabetta

      Delete
  2. Ooooh, potato burritos!! That sounds amazing. And it's hot as the blazes down here, so popsicles and smoothies sounds perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I swear I've been eating my weight in popsicles!

      Delete
  3. This week has been sooooo hot and humid that i’ve been making lots of smoothies and juice too! I keep making this cucumber/grapefruit/cilantro/pineapple juice and drinking tons of it since i found cucumbers and pineapple on great sale :)
    I’ve never had potato tacos but i think i have been missing out!
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That juice sounds absolutely amazing and really refreshing. I like cilantro in juices.
      Potato tacos are really simple but so tasty. I think it's the chipotle sauce to be honest!

      Delete
    2. It’s usually just the cilantro stems actually since i use the leaves elsewhere- the stems have so much flavor but i am too lazy to chop them very fine for salads ;)
      Ttrockwood

      Delete
  4. Potato tacos sound awesome, I can never say no to different ways to eat potatoes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’m just lovin’ your Taco Bell recipe for potato soft burritos, especially the sauce!
    Is there any chance you could duplicate the recipe for Chick-fil-A’s Spicy Sweet Sriracha dipping sauce with healthy no funky ingredients? The recipe is on this page (https://www.chick-fil-a.com/Sauces-Dressings) I’m trying to be vegan and this would be a big help. Thank you!
    Aspen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely try making that, it sounds delicious!
      Good luck on your vegan journey, it's the best journey ever!!

      Delete