Sunday, July 22, 2018

Another Day of Delicious Vegan Eats!

I was off yesterday and was able to wake up early in the morning. I love the hours between five and seven am. Even if you live in the heart of a city, it's peaceful and there is just a certain energy that I really love. I had a self care day yesterday and between the early morning energy and a really, really great watermelon my day started out perfectly!
This was maybe the best watermelon I've ever had. Usually I eat half and juice the other half, but I just had to eat the whole thing! It's been a really great watermelon season!
Strawberry,banana,maca powder,half an avocado
I've really been loving adding avocado to my smoothies. It makes them creamier and also I find that the smoothie fills me up and keeps me full longer. And as an added bonus avocados are very good for the skin. Skin care for high elevation and a super dry climate has been a journey. I swear by avocado, water and coconut oil!
When I made totchos for the first time last week my mind went crazy with possibilities. All of a sudden tots aren't just for dipping! So I made these buffachos? Not sure what to call them, but this is one of the best things I've eaten in a very long time! I made some buffalo chickpeas and threw them on top of some tater tots and drizzled it all with some Just Ranch. I liked this even better than totchos to be honest. This was also super quick to throw together if you cooked your chickpeas ahead of time, or use canned. I already want more!!!
I had my iced tea sitting on the bathroom sink and set it on the floor for a second to let Afro drink from the sink, and when I looked down Etta was sipping some of my tea!! I tried and failed to get her mid sip!





6 comments:

  1. It’s so thrilling to get a good watermelon! They’re just the epitome of summer :)) for the buffalo chickpeas do you bake them or just mix with the sauce? That sounds like an intense bowl of totchos!
    I stumbled on this crazy recipe for potato candy and thought of you and your potato passion ;) it’s totally crazy, just pb, mashed potato and powdered sugar!
    https://spicysouthernkitchen.com/old-fashioned-potato-candy/
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sauteed the cooked chickpeas in a little coconut oil because I know Buffalo wings are usually made with a butter/hot sauce combo so I figured the fat would help the flavor. Then I just mixed a little hot sauce with a dash of agave an stirred it into the chickpeas. It was really tasty!
      I had a coworker when I lived in Erie that made potato candy and it was accidentally vegan! I ha forgotten all about that. I definitely need to make some!

      Delete
  2. Buffalo chickpeas and tater tots sound like a great combination; I will have to give that a try! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously if I owned a restaurant, I would have these on the menu!!!

      Delete
  3. You really can put anything on potato gems and they will be great, so many fun combinations to try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. I just can't believe all my life I've just dipped tots. So boring an plain!!

      Delete