Friday, July 27, 2018

Food and Cats Make it all Better!

It's been a really busy week between interviews, work and the whole Pioneer Day debacle so I haven't even been able to get groceries. Luckily I'm going this morning because my fridge is empty besides water, condiments and the bowl of baking soda. Last night I thought I was going to have plain gluten free pasta and tofu, but I found some sun dried tomato pesto from last week that I  had frozen last week! It really saved the day. I needed a good meal after the day I had. I got super lost going to my interview, and I asked a couple of people for directions and they got me more lost. I had a small panic attack and I was crying as I was walking. It was a mess. But eventually I found it and made the interview. I was only a couple of minutes late too. Although after the interview when I looked in a mirror I did have flecks of mascara all over my cheeks from sweating and crying. Of course. So now I wait.
After the last few days I've had I'm so dang happy that I had that pesto! I baked the tofu with salt, pepper, garlic powder and nooch.I added some green dragon sauce and pretty much inhaled this! By the time I had dinner I was past hangry.
My interview on Wednesday was near a different Natural Grocers than the one I normally go to. I had some time to kill before the bus, and so I went in to have a look see. I found these chips on sale and decided to try them. They're great! They aren't so vinegar-y that your eyes water, but they still have a kick. I sometimes find salt and vinegar chips to be too much flavor or not enough. These are just right.
I finally found the cayennade kombucha! GT's is on sale for $1.99 a bottle for the month of July! I really love the lemonade booch an this is that with a kick. I was surprise by the spice actually. I would say if you're spice sensitive avoid this, but if you like spice it's so good! And it's actually refreshing on a hot day.
Thanks for all the good vibes. I feel like one interview went really well, and one interview went just so so. All I can do is keep trying so I'm just trying to stay positive because nothing good comes if I get too depressed or anxious.
They have the right idea. This is all I feel like doing! If my fridge weren't empty I swear I would join them!





7 comments:

  1. I really feel your pain about getting lost. I don't drive and I get anxious going to new places on public transport because I get lost so easily. I could tell you some hilarious stories about getting lost in London years ago. Once I actually managed to walk under the Thames river without realising! It's really encouraging that you are getting interviews. Keep going and something will come. Have a good weekend x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It gives me such a panic attack. For both interviews I almost talked myself out of going because I was having such anxiety!
      Thank you!

      Delete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear how difficult it was to get to the interview. Making it there after all of that shows some impressive determination, though; hopefully the interviewer could see that, too. Hooray for surprise pesto -- that bowl looks so delicious -- and the chips sound great, too! Love the sleepy kitties!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope he saw the smeared mascara as grit and determination and not sloppiness!
      I was so happy I had that pesto!

      Delete
  3. Surprise freezer finds are the best!!
    And hey, two interviews is really awesome! If nothing else it’s good practice and you learn what kind of questions to expect. (And make sure they offer basics like health insurance and sick days!)
    I don’t know what i was thinking but i tried that cayannade a while back and nearly blew my head off! My lips were burning! I couldn’t throw it out so i ended up mixing a tiny bit into my own home brew til it was (finally) gone. I bet you could just add a pinch of cayanne to any booch you buy- just be careful to do in a glass cuz the spice makes it bubble up.
    Still sending all the good vibes your way!
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As soon as I get to a thrift store and get another jug I'm going to start brewing my own kombucha again. And I might experiment with a little cayannade myself!
      I'm trying to remain positive about this whole thing but it is definitely stressful!
      Thank you I really need all the good vibes I can get!

      Delete
  4. Yay for surprise pesto in the freezer! It would take a lot of will power not to just lie down in between those girls.
    I really hope something great comes from these interviews! <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete