Sunday, July 1, 2018

Veganville

I went to Natural Grocers for more Epsom salts yesterday. I also got a big booch and a BLOCK of Follow Your Heart mozzarella style cheese. The cheese was an impulse and a splurge, but it was on sale since it was a brand new item. They had two varieties, mozzarella and garden herb. I should have taken pictures of both, but I was so dang excited I forgot. I also saw some other new to me fun stuff that I didn't buy but I did get pictures, so I'll start with what I saw and didn't buy.
I saw these on Bianca's post the other day, and I was super excited to see them at Natural Grocer's.  Salt and vinegar puffs, um yes. But then I saw the price and had to say um no. It's not a very big bag and it's almost five dollars. But they sure sound good.
These were with the other vegan bacon and vegan jerky treats. They are brand spanking new, they didn't even have a price tag yet. I didn't buy them because I figured that like those other specialty items they're probably pretty up there in price. But when I keep seeing these new products I feel happy because someone is buying them!
And the last thing I saw were these little snack packages of FYH cheese! They have them right in the little area with the packaged meals to go!! Amazing! And since vegan cheese can be pricey it's a great way for people to sample first.
I was just at Natural grocers last week getting Epsom salts so these three things have all appeared just in the last week or so.
Here is the beautiful block of Mozzarella style cheese I purchased. It was on an introductory sale for $3.75, and I had been planning on making some mac and cheese so it seemed meant to be.
I also stopped at Smith's really quick for another pineapple because when they're $.99 for a whole pineapple you kind of have to. I also got a proper orange sweet potato, some kale, bananas, an Ataulfo mango, popsicles and raspberry lemonade which was an impulse buy. I love that in the summer you can always find the Santa Cruz lemonades on sale.
Here is my sweet potato, pineapple and fresh turmeric juice take two. I always really like the taste of raw sweet potatoes in juices. And pineapple and sweet potato taste great together!!
Here is my mac and cheese. I suck at getting great pictures of mac and cheese. This was way tastier than it looks. I made a nooch-y cheese sauce with lots of the smoke seasoning, and shredded some of the mozzarella. I also added a handful of beans I had leftover from my burritos. The cheese melted beautifully and gave it a nice cheese-y flavor and texture. I also tasted some of the cheese plain cold and straight out of the package and I loved it! I am happy to say it tastes like the slices(great) not the shreds (not great)
It's so rare to get such a great picture of Etta! Afro looks a little derpy but I couldn't get both of them to look alert at the same time!










7 comments:

  1. Paleo puffs are so incredibly tasty! They are one of my favorite treats to check out from the grocery store! Will have to try out the baconated coconut flakes, those look incredibly delicious. Thanks for the share, loved stopping by.
    World of Animals

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the packaging on the coconut bacon with the pig saying “it’s bacon”!!
    The snack size cheeses are awesome- there are so many products i never see because stores here have such limited space they don’t give much up for something new and unknown. Great the mozz was tasty and worked for your mac and cheese :))
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's kind of why I love Natural Grocers.They're never really busy, so it's relaxing to just kind of look around and see what's new because you're right, a lot of times new stuff is just kind of shoved somewhere and it doesn't always jump out at you.

      Delete
  3. 'It's bacon'... is so cute. Love that packaging! It is great to see so many new vegan treats popping up everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that bacon packaging. It reminds me of the Chick-fil-a ads only it isn't filled with cows that are jerks to chickens.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your mac & cheese sounds great! And sweet Etta & Afro! :)

    ReplyDelete