Sunday, July 8, 2018

This and That Sunday

I had this delicious tofu and avocado rice bowl the other night. I marinated tofu in a soyaki and hoisin combo all day and then baked it in the oven. I marinate and bake the tofu in the same dish so it's super easy clean-up. I've been eating more avocado than usual because it's so good for the skin. I've always had a fear of being lost in the desert and just wandering and getting scorched and sometimes as I'm walking anywhere in this dry, extreme heat I feel like my fears are becoming reality. If I see a mirage I will definitely have to reevaluate my life.
I stopped at Smith's for a booch and found a mozz ball from Miyoko's on a WooHoo sale for three bucks because it expires tomorrow. Although I'm trying to not buy any food other than what I buy on grocery day, I just couldn't resist that sale. It's a rare treat when I get to have any of the fancy vegan cheeses! I'm going to attempt to make a roasted tomato and parsley pesto pasta and I think little pieces of this stirred in might make it extra special, and I could use something special.
I found some soft taco shells and used my leftover potatoes to make the correct potato soft taco. It sounds so simple, a potato taco but because of the seasoning on the potatoes and the chipotle sauce they're really tasty. And the shredded iceberg is just that neutral fresh crunch you want. I randomly watched a Taco Bell dollar menu taste test video on YouTube the other day and the person liked the potato taco the best! And he wasn't vegan or vegetarian!
I've still been sending my resume out. I listed it on Indeed and although I have gotten quite a few calls and Emails unfortunately most of them are weird telephone sales jobs that I am not right for. But at least people are showing interest?
Look at that little smirk! Joan is seriously the worst seat thief I have ever known! This chair in particular. This is where I sit a lot when I'm blogging, job searching, or just surfing the web in general. And she and I duke it out all the time! And she makes sure to take up the whole chair so there's no chance of us sharing. She doesn't like to share seats.





5 comments:

  1. Tofu in soyaki is absolutely my favorite stupid easy dish! I will admit that with a nice fresh tofu from chinatown i even just have it cold ;)
    That’s great to have some feedback from posting your resume! Unfortunately finding a job actually IS a job in and of itself- heck, it’s certainly worth mentioning to any coworkers that are discreet as well, it’s surprising how everyone knows someone somehow.
    Haha! Joan is definitely smirking at you!!

    I’m so jealous of your miyokos mozzarella find! I haven’t looked very hard (since I won’t pay full retail for it) but haven’t seen it here. I read a review that said it was awesome sliced and melted
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my favorite easy meals too! I just love the texture tofu gets from being marinated in a long time!
    I really lucked out with the Miyokos. I never pay retail either, it's just ridiculous! Last night I had some in some pasta and today I'm going to make a gf pizza crust and have it on that! I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joan is being very cheeky, she definitely looks pleased with herself. That is awesome that you found the Miyoko's on sale! You definitely deserve a treat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She seriously is always so proud of herself for taking my spot! And of course she always gets to keep it!

      Delete
  4. Your tofu and avocado rice bowl looks so good, and nice score on the Miyoko's mozz! Joan is such a cute little seat thief! :)

    ReplyDelete