Saturday, July 14, 2018

Vegan Agenda

I had some cash that I had to deposit the other day so I went to my bank. My bank is in this little shopping plaza. The plaza has a restaurant called Shanghai Cafe that has a huge vegetarian/vegan menu. There's also another restaurant that has a veggie buffet. And now there is a little vegan shop in the plaza as well! The shop is small, it used to be a cafe and the owner is using the space mostly to make his vegan jerky which he sells at the shop and online!
The last picture is the vegan jerky he makes and sells. He was a graphic or some kind of designer in his previous life so he does his own artwork!. They also make and sell vegan burritos and they had some vegan candy bars and other sweets.  Hopefully over time the store will be able to grow a little bit. I'll definitely keep checking back!

Last night I made a use what you have curry and it turned out great! I had half a block of tofu, two potatoes and some red curry paste that needed to be used so I made a red Thai curry with potatoes, tofu and red lentils. Better than take out!!




8 comments:

  1. OMG how amazing that there is a vegan shop! The shelves looked kind of empty so hopefully that means that business has been good! You can definitely tell he is a graphic designer, his artwork is great!

    Yummy looking curry!! I definitely need to re-read your budgeting tips and take some meal inspo from you as I'm really trying to get my budget under control and you've been creating some amazing things on a budget!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He said the shelves are empty because they're still kind of working on the shop part. I got the sense that he uses the space mostly for his jerky business. But hopefully the store grows!
      Thank you! I've been slowly getting more inspired in the kitchen!

      Delete
  2. Very exciting to have that shop open! And fun that they carry some snacks and the eggless salad as well.
    What’s funny is that my favorite “vegan jerky” i have ever had is probably the package of totally scary looking thin sliced dried tofu with sesame oil and soy that i get in chinatown. Dunno what it’s really called, the only english words are the ingredients and nutritional info. I think it’s traditionally used rehydrated in soups and not as a snack food! Haha.
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so pleasantly surprised. It's pretty cool, the whole plaza by my bank is super vegan friendly!
      I think I saw something like that at the Asian market the last time I was there. It was kind of scary so I didn't get it!

      Delete
  3. How cool about the vegan shop! And, yum, that curry looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm super excited and I hope it grows and grows!
      For a thrown together curry it was really delicious!

      Delete
  4. That is so cool! There is nothing that exciting near my bank. I hope they do really well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's awesome there is a vegan shop near you! I googled the name and found their etsy shop. I don't have the cash to buy any jerky right now, but I favorited the shop to try and check it out later.

    ReplyDelete