Saturday, May 9, 2015

We all Scream for Vegan Ice Cream!

The weather is warming up, so that means we are getting into vegan ice cream season!! I had picked up a box of So Delicious Mini Coconut Almond Bars on sale awhile ago, and even though Thursday was the last day of my clean eating challenge, after the hemp tofu disaster, I needed something tasty. I decided to throw caution to the wind, and I tried one of these treats. Wow is really all I can say. These taste like a vegan ice cream version of almond joy! I loved almond joys, so these are right up my sweet alley. The chocolate coating is perfect, neither too thin, or too thick. The ice cream has a definite coconut flavor, and it is like all So Delicious ice creams, very creamy and rich. I am in love, and these will be a regular treat in the warmer months. The bars are the perfect size, as they are very rich so a mini bar totally satisfies. I have yet to be disappointed with a So Delicious product. I'm never nervous to spend my money and try a new product from them. These are something I would for sure serve to any dubious non-vegan and watch their mind totally change about vegan food!
Speaking of delicious vegan ice cream, have you heard that the makers of Ben&Jerry's ice cream are working on developing a vegan flavor? I for one signed the petition awhile back, and I am keeping my fingers crossed it really happens. In my pregan days, I love, love, loved Phish Food.
I just love that it seems like everyday more vegan choices are hitting the market. If there is a time when I have delicious vegan cheese that can be eaten cold in my fridge, and vegan Ben&Jerry's in my freezer, I might actually cry tears of joy! And of course eat my greens to atone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment