Tuesday, May 5, 2015

I Put a Spell on You


I really liked this video, and I feel like Swayze was very brave to put herself out there like this on YouTube. I like that she marches to the beat of her own drum, makes her decisions based on science, logic, and of course what works for her, and her body. The timing of this video was funny, because late last week I watched quite a few vegan YouTube videos talking about Cassey Ho, of Blogilates and why she has gained weight. Quite a few of the videos justified their mean spirited words by saying that she makes her money off promoting "hot bods" and such. They feel since that is how she earns a living, she deserves to be criticized for what they consider to be a not so perfect bod. She is not as thin as she was at some point. Here's the thing, I have mentioned several times that I do various workouts via YouTube, and Blogilates is one of the first channels I subscribed to! Her workouts are no joke, and her bod is no joke either. If she is not as thin now as she was at some point, who cares? She is still very thin, in great shape, and beautiful. I've seen a few vegans attack her in the past for not being vegan, which is bad enough, but this is too much. I cringe at the thought of being in a room with any of these vegans who are so obsessed with being lean, to the point where they spend time and energy producing a video to attack. One of the days that I watched an attack Cassey video, I was feeling a little frustrated with my own bod, wondering why I wasn't thinner, so to see someone mocking Cassey's figure, well I felt like if they're calling her chunky, I'm bringing up the obese rear. It's mean. and I don't like it. I also fear that it turns people off from veganism. Cassey has flirted with veganism, and I have watched a few of her recipe videos, and she is very vegan and vegetarian friendly, and always offers up options. I wonder how much she would consider veganism at this point? Doesn't seem like a very friendly community, does it? I read comments a lot of times, and I have read quite a few comments from people saying they are vegan, but they don't say it openly, either out of fear of body shaming, and/or they just don't want to be associated with such a mean group of people. We don't need people cowering in the corner, we need people standing loud and proud. Veganism is about animals, not who can be the leanest.Cassey is beautiful, and she puts amazing workouts on YouTube for free! I can't afford to take Pilates, yet I can do Pilates every day if I want! Cassey's workouts have been a part of my life for over four years, and I really appreciate all that she does, and I hope she knows that there are plenty of vegans who think she looks amazing, and think she is great.
I've been reading The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz, and the first agreement is Be Impeccable with your word. I have read and re-read this chapter so many times! He talks of how our words can cast spells on people, and people can be under that spell for the rest of their life. I know this is a long post, but I want to close out with two paragraphs from this amazing book.
    Being impeccable with your word is not using the word against yourself.If I see you on the street and I call you stupid, it appears that I'm using the word against you. But really I'm using my word against myself, because your going to hate me for this, and your hating me is not good for me. Therefore, if I get angry and with my word send all that emotional poison to you, I'm using the word against myself.
     If I love myself I will express that love in my interactions with you, and then I am being impeccable with the word, because that action will produce a like reaction. If I love you, then you will love me.If I insult you, you will insult me. If I have gratitude for you, you will have gratitude for me. If I'm selfish with you, you will be selfish with me. If I use the word to put a spell on you, you are going to put a spell on me.
I say kindness should a word we all get more familiar with.

1 comment:

  1. HELLO EVERYONE.. FEW MUNINETS TO REDY THIS INFOR ON HERPES CURE 2018..
    2017 MY MOTHER WAS DIAGNOSED OF HERPES/ KNOWN AS GENITAL WARTS ,I SPENT A LOT OF MONEY ON HER MEDICATION TILL A POINT I EVEN LOST HOPE,BECAUSE MY MOTHER WAS GRADUALLY DYING AND LOST HER MEMORY TOO, I WAS SO DESPERATE TO GET MY MOTHER BACK TO NORMAL, ONE DAY MY UNCLE WHO LIVES IN LONDON UNITED KINGDOM TOLD ME ABOUT DR OLIHA ,WHO HELPED HIM GET RID OF HERPES /GENITAL WART WITH HERBAL MEDICINE AND HIS HERBAL SOAP ,I WAS SO SHOCKED WHEN HE TOLD ME ABOUT THIS ,ALTHOUGH I NEVER BELIEVE IN HERB BUT, I KEEP TO BELIEVE BECAUSE MY UNCLE CAN'T TELL ME LIES WHEN IT COMES TO HEALTH CONDITION I CONTACTED DR OLIHA VIA HIS EMAIL; OLIHA.MIRACLEMEDICINE@GMAIL.COM , YOU CAN TALK TO HIM VIA CALL OR WHATSAPP MESSENGER ON +2349038382931 , HE REPLIED AND ASK ME TO SEND MY HOME ADDRESS AND MY MOTHER'S DETAIL AND THEN I PURCHASED THE HERBAL MEDICINE,SENT ME THE HERBAL MEDICINE THROUGH COURIER SERVICE, WHEN I RECEIVED THIS HERBAL MEDICINE USED IT FOR 2 WEEKS, AND 4 DAYS OF USAGE THE WARTS FELL OFF, MY MOTHER I NOW TOTALLY CURED AND MY MOTHER IS LIVING FREE AND HAPPY AGAIN. YOU CAN TALK TO DR VIA HIS MOBILE NUMBER OR WHATS APP HIM ON +2349038382931.ALL THANKS TO DOCTOR DR OLIHA  

    ReplyDelete