Monday, May 4, 2015

300!!

This post is my 300th post! Time sure flies when you're having fun. I'm proud of myself for sticking with it, especially all the times I have felt so dorky, and lacking any technical knowledge. For someone like me who can be flaky, and definitely can be a commitment-phobe, this has been great. I enjoy the outlet, and will definitely continue on! Here's to another 300!
I made the most delicious "tuna" salad yesterday, using sunflower seeds. I got the recipe from Eco-Vegan Gal's YouTube channel. She's been doing a whole should you buy or DIY, series that pulls at my DIY heartstrings. Anyway, the most exciting part of this recipe is the cashew mayo. I have never made my own mayo, and this stuff really satisfies. It's creamy, and garlicky, and lemony. Yum. Anyway, it's wild how much this salad looks like tuna salad! It's so creamy, and also crunchy. It was great in some lettuce cups, and also amazing on top of a huge green salad. I have been making a tuna-less salad with garbanzo beans for years, and I think I prefer sunflower seeds! It's not so dense. I would feed the sunflower seed salad to any tuna salad lover I know proudly. This will be a staple in my fridge this summer for sure. For some reason when I was making this yesterday, I imagined this salad stuffed into a big, juicy summertime tomato for a very ladies who lunch type of meal. If you can find sunflower seeds, and cashews in bulk this is soooooo cheap to make, and it is just so flavorful!
Today is day to of my cleanse, and I really feel clean to be honest. It sounds so Chao-y to say, but it's true. I had noticed for the last few weeks my stomach kind of bothered me every few days or so, and today my stomach feels great. I feel abuzz with vitamins and minerals. This is the first cleanse I've done that only allows herbal tea, not even green tea, so I am a little water logged in the brain, but what can you do. I have no caffeine headache or anything like that, so being a little fuzzy is okay.
Thank you to anyone who reads this little blog that is constantly under construction! I look forward to 300 more, and then another 300, and so on and so forth. It's spring, I'm moving back to the west coast soon, life is only going to get better, and more interesing, and so will my pictures, I promise! Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment