Sunday, May 24, 2015

Reading Rocks!!

Books are my friend!
I have always loved books. Almost all of my childhood memories involve books. I remember before I could read, I loved being read to by my grandparents before bed every night. As I got older and learned to read, trips to the library were one of my favorite things in the world. I would always choose a ton of books, and my mom would swear that I wouldn't be able to read them all, and of course proving her wrong became a personal mission for the next three weeks. During the summer, reading was my main pastime. I've always loved all kinds of different books, save for romance novels and grisly homicide fiction. To this day libraries and used book stores are two of my favorite places ever. I feel like sometimes people forget about the library as a resource for information. If you are new to or interested in becoming vegetarian/vegan, the library is a great place to find some cookbooks and try some new foods. For me, there is something about a book. I was given a Nook two years ago for Christmas, and I just couldn't get into using it. I love holding a book, I love the smell, and I love the history of books. I love when I buy a book at a used book store, and sentences are underlined, or there are little notes. That is what I do to my books, and it makes me feel close to someone I don't even know.
I am really loving The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz. It is a short book, yet I am taking my time with it. I"m also having a rather intense time with the book because certain parts of the book seem like the author is talking to me specifically. I'm sure I'm not alone with this feeling from the book. I bought this book from Amazon, as this is one book I don't want to return! If you are feeling stuck in life in any way, this book could really be your friend too. I actually am still on the first agreement, which is be impeccable with your word. I just keep reading this chapter over and over. There is one paragraph in particular that I circled, and it is exactly me. When I first read it, it almost gave me the chills. Like I said, intense!
I discovered Jennifer Weiner years ago, I picked up one of her books at a used bookstore, and I loved it and started seeking out her other work. I am proud to say I have read every single one of her books, All Fall Down, which I am currently reading is her newest, and she has another book coming out in August. I love her sense of humor, and although I suppose her books are put in the "chick lit" category, (hate that description. It kind of makes me gag.) I find them to be both easy breezy to read, but also very relatable. I always want to be friends with her characters, I always want to work out life's issues with these people. I guess what I'm trying to say is I don't find them fluffy, or flimsy or any other negative thing that might come to mind when you think "chick lit". If you're ever in the mood for a really great movie about dysfunctional sisters, one of her books In Her Shoes was made into a movie. As always, the book is better, but I still really love the movie. It has Shirley MacLaine in it, so there you go.
I've been reprimanded by many for my love of books. I understand that beautiful trees are cut down to make books, and I understand that Nooks, and I pads and smart this and smart that can help so much, but I can't help that I love books. I don't love devices. They feel cold and clinical, books feel warm and comforting.
Do you like books or Nooks?

1 comment:

  1. WHAT A GREAT MIRACLE THAT I HAVE EVER SEE IN MY LIFE. My names are Clara David I’m a citizen of USA, My younger sister was sicking of
    breast cancer and her name is Sandra David I and my family have taking her
    to all kind of hospital in USA still yet no good result. I decided to go to
    the internet and search for cancer cure so that was how I find a lady
    called peter Lizzy she was testifies to the world about the goodness of a
    herbal man who has the root and half to cure all kind of disease and the
    herbal man email was there. So I decided to contact the herbal man for my
    younger sister help to cure her breast cancer. I contacted him and told him
    my problem he told me that I should not worry that my sister cancer will be
    cure, he told me that there is a medicine that he is going to give me that
    I will cook it and give it to my sister to drink for one week, so I ask how
    can I receive the cure that I am in USA, he told me

    That I will pay for the delivery service. The courier service can
    transport it to me so he told me the amount I will pay, so my dad paid for
    the delivery fee. two days later I receive the cure from the courier
    service so I used it as the herbal man instructed me to, before the week
    complete my sister cancer was healed and it was like a dream to me not
    knowing that it was physical I and my family were very happy about the
    miracle of Doctor so my dad wanted to pay him 5 million us dollars the
    herbal man did not accept the offer from my dad, but I don't know why he
    didn't accept the offer, he only say that I should tell the world about him
    and his miracle he perform so am now here to tell the world about him if
    you or your relative is having any kind of disease that you can't get from
    the hospital please contact dr.sakuraspellalter@gmail.com/ you can also visit his website drsakuraherbs.blogspot.com or whats app him
    +2348110114739 you can follow him up on Instagram herbalist sakura for the cure, he will help you out with the
    problem. And if you need more information about the doctor you can mail me
    davidclara223@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete