Thursday, April 29, 2021

Halfway There!

 One shot down, one to go!Tuesday morning I got my first shot of the vaccine! I definitely got a little ache-y, yesterday my head was pounding and my stomach hurt a little. Today I feel better, but my head still hurts a little. Nothing unbearable though, and the discomfort is definitely worth it in my opinion!

They asked me to wait a bit after my shot, so I used the wait time to pick up a few easy things to make to eat. The voodoo chips were an impulse buy, and what a wonderful impulse, they are DELICIOUS!


 Remember when I was talking about Gardenburger? It's so weird because this Smith's had their black bean burgers on clearance for two dollars a box, and they're vegan! Oh happy days! The voodoo chips are INCREDIBLE! And thanks to someone on the Gram, I learned that the Almond Dream bites are not vegan!! They are extremely deceptive in their wording. They don't have milk listed as an allergen, and in very, very fine print they explain that the chocolate coating is not suitable for people who are lactose intolerant! It's very shady.

I whipped up some tacos Tuesday night figuring leftovers would be appreciated the next day. I just used beefless crumbles, black beans and a package of taco seasoning. Easy peasy. Topped with lettuce, red onion and jalapeno!



The leftovers were so nice the next day when I was very tired and a little blah. I had some daiya shreds in the freezer, so I threw the leftover taco filling, some cheese and the nacho flavored nooch in some tortillas and made quesadillas with lots of green dragon sauce. Delicious!



3 comments:

  1. Those Zapp's Voodoo Chips are my fave!! Lots of restaurants here offer them as a side, and I always get them! I had no idea about Almond Dream Bites. So weird!! Is it a "processed in a facility that also processes milk products" thing? Cause I'd still eat that. But do they put actual milk in the chocolate coating? Shady!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. According to their website, the chocolate coating does contain milk. I find that profoundly irritating. It should be labeled more clearly as such, and not just for us--I know people who have had such severe milk allergies that such a thing would have caused them a great deal of distress! AND THEY STILL CALL IT A PLANT-BASED PRODUCT!

      http://www.dreamplantbased.com/product/almond-dream-vanilla-dessert-bites/

      What does "plant-based" even MEAN to people?

      I've had those chips and they're great! Such an unusual flavor.

      Delete
  2. What is the chip flavour like?
    That is soooo fricking annoying about the Almond Dream.

    ReplyDelete