Friday, April 23, 2021

More Vegan Goodies!

 I have a couple of small hauls this week. One is from Chinatown Superstore, and one is from Sprouts. Sprouts has been killing it with the digital coupons. Today I had five dollars off fifteen dollars of produce. Yes please! I didn't need too much since I did a big shop last week. 

Baguettes for Banh Mi, mint, Thai basil, daikon, ginger, instant ramen, enoki mushrooms, rice, tofu, Korean pancake mix, rice noodles, jalapeno

I almost always go to the market on the weekend when it's insanely busy, so I never really noticed in the back corner they have a little area where they sell food, including banh mi sandwiches, or you can just buy the bread alone!! OMG, I almost cried! I still remember the first time I had a banh mi. It was life changing! I've tried to make them at home, but they're never the same just using whatever baguette I can find at the grocery. 

I took the world's worst picture of course, but this was INCREDIBLE!!! This is stuffed with veganaise, baked tofu, jalapeno, cilantro, Thai basil, mint and of course pickled carrot and daikon. Took me back to the good days in Seattle!

Banana, carrot, onion, grapefruit, red onion, garlic, lemon, booch, ice cream bars, lavash bread, strawberries, micro radish, kale, dill pickle chips,tabouli salad, marinara, avocado, mango


I also accomplished something huge today, I finally got an appointment for my first and second vaccine! I have been trying like mad to get an appointment and there just have been none. I finaaly am scheduled my first shot this coming Tuesday!! I could only make an appointment at some place Ive never been, so that usually spells getting majorly lost, but who cares, I'm going to get vaccinated! Woot!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on the vaccination appt!!! Before I was eligible here, I was trying like crazy to get an extra leftover shot, and it was maddening!! It's a huge relief when you have it figured out! And it's been way too long since I've had a bhan mi. That one looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sandwich sounds amazing and so pleased you have got vaccination appointments xxx

    ReplyDelete