Monday, April 5, 2021

Two Vegan Hauls, One Post

 I totally forgot that yesterday was Easter, so I made the mistake of getting some groceries on Saturday. I have a few things from Whole Foods and the rest is Trader Joe's. 

Two different units in my apartment building have become vacant, and word on the street is that my landlord is trying to sell the building, so she is having the units remodeled. One of the units is under me, so the sound of carpets and cupboards and who knows what else being ripped and banged out is really making my anxiety so bad. And the poor kitties are losing their minds too. I say that to say I was already frazzled when I went to get groceries, and Trader Joe's fully fried me. 


I went to Whole Foods for incense and Dave's Killer Buns, and found a few other goodies on sale. For some reason Whole Foods is the only place I can find Dave's Buns and I love them so. Even though Dave's breads are on the pricier side, they are still so much cheaper than gluten free bread! Just Egg was on sale too, and I've only tried it once or twice and felt meh about it, so I want to see if maybe I like it a bit more. I never loved eggs in my pregan days, but I sometimes did like scrambled eggs on toast.



Spotted in their new items section. I've never had Bolognese sauce, and I recently tried the plant based Bolognese from Simple Truth, and it was so bad I couldn't force myself to finish it. It had a certain spice or seasoning that was so offensive to my taste buds. So, I don't know if that flavor is a common flavor in Bolonese, and I never want to have that touch my mouth again. But I can't wait to see what others think of this!



This was really the whole reason I tortured myself by going to Trader Joe's. I absolutely love and adore their new vegan tzatziki dip so much that I had to try this one. I used to love some Ruffles chips dipped in French Onion dip. This for me was not worth the trip. It's made with a vegan cream cheese as the base instead of sour cream, and it's just too rich. It's also thicker than what I like my onion dip to be. I've seen people loving it on social media, so i think I'm in the minority, but this gets a five out of ten from me. I'll just stick to their incredible tzatziki!


2 comments:

  1. I've seen the Dave's bread and wasn't sure about trying it because it IS pricey, but knowing you think it's good may just inspire me after all, next time!

    What I like about JUST Egg is the convenience factor. I have made plenty of my own vegan egg scrambles that are just as good or better, but JUST Egg has them beat for being easy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really, really like Dave's breads. Especially the burger buns. Somehow the bread is seedy and nutty, but still soft like bread. The everything bagels are really good too!
      I agree, I love the convenience of the Just Egg. It's really even easier than tofu scramble.
      The Just folds are really good too, and even easier. Also they have more protein.

      Delete