Tuesday, April 6, 2021

A Post of Hits!

 Tofurky deli slices were always one of my favorite things in the world before going gluten free. They're not too expensive, especially compared to a lot of the vegan meats out now, and they're so nice to make a quick sandwich. The peppered slices are my favorite! I recently tried the deli ham slices, and they were pretty tasty as well.


I decided to try Simple Truth's version of vegan deli slices, and I chose this ham to try first. It's very, very similar to Tofurky. I probably wouldn't even know the difference to be honest! The Simple Truth is a bit cheaper than Tofurky, so that's another plus. 


I like to have a frozen pizza in the freezer for a rainy day, so when I saw this on sale I grabbed it! A few days ago I had a rainy day and had this for dinner. Ten out of ten. The crust is thin and crispy, but not too crispy, and whatever kind of cheese they use melts and tastes great. Delicious!



About a month or so ago, Sprouts had a lot of Boca and Quorn products on clearance for super cheap. Like two bucks a box! I think they got rid of Boca and Quorn to make room for some newer vegan meats which are insanely expensive so that kind of sucks. I always find Boca to be reasonably affordable compared to other brands. Anyway, these are so freaking good! The texture is so great, firm not mushy. The coating is crispy and has a decent little kick. I hope I can find these somewhere else because they are definitely a ten out of ten!

I discovered this when I lived in Seattle. I'm so glad they're still making them! I picked this up on Saturday as a treat because well, life. I've tried to recreate this at home, but I never get it quite right. The tahini dip is really the star of the show.Ten out of ten highly recommend!

I've been looking for a rolling pin and although I didn't find one at the thrift store, I did find these two pictures! Two dollars for both!

My poor buns got squished!!!

 

I've never really made a delicious homemade vegan burger. I always struggle with the texture, and also I've made a lot of dry ass hockey pucks. I really wanted to make some lentil burgers to have on hand for breakfast, so I found this recipe and these are the best veggie burger I've ever made! I made a few changes based on what I had, I used regullar mushrooms instead of portabella, and I left out the vegan worcestershire sauce and balsamic vinegar. I subbed soy sauce and a bit of vegan oyster sauce. These are so freaking good! They have a deep savory flavor and the texture is everything I want in a veggie burger!! I highly recommend this recipe. I will be definitely making it again! I would also definitely use this recipe if I were making burgers for a mixed crowd!!!



The bookshelf is one of Joan's favorite places to hang out. She's going to be so upset when I eventually fill it all with books!!



1 comment:

  1. Fill it with books? I'm sorry, but I think that shelf is already claimed. ;)

    I am glad you to see so many excellent foods!

    ReplyDelete