Wednesday, April 21, 2021

Some Stuff I've Tried and Eaten

 

I ran across this lonely burrito in a clearance basket and picked it right up. I had it for a quick breakfast before groceries the other day. It's pretty tasty, definitely needed a little extra spice but I'm a spicy gal. I give it a nine out of ten for flavor, but a three out of ten on value because when not on sale or clearance, these are pretty expensive for not a lot of food. 




I've been having lots of pita, hummus and veggie sandwiches for breakfast. I'm trying to eat more veggies and this is one of my favorite ways to get them in. 

The middle pita sandwich has some vegan chicken nuggets under the veggies. About a month or so ago Sprouts discontinued quorn and boca products, seemingly to make room for more plant meats that are unfortunately more expensive. One of the new brands they're carrying is Fry's which I've never seen anywhere. I didn't plan on trying them because they're expensive, but last week they were on sale for $2.99 a package so I decided to give them a try.


I have to say these were just okay. I liked the breading very much, but the "chicken" texture was a bit mushier than I prefer. I'm glad I got to try something new, but I wouldn't buy these again. 


Something else I always look at but don't buy. These puppies are expensive! But Sprouts had them on sale when I went, so I finally got to try them! These are incredible!! When I first went vegan, there was a brand of soy ice cream that had fun flavors like key lime pie and blueberry cheesecake. I used to always find it at Grocery Outlet. I haven't seen that brand or those flavors in years. The ice cream tastes just like key lime pie. Ten out of ten. Sad that I can't have these on the regular!

This is another incredible, easy and super delicious Wil Yeung recipe! This is chili oil peanut noodles! I added some baked tofu and this was AHMAZING! Recipe here! I've tried so many of his recipes at this point, and I've loved every single one!!


3 comments:

  1. Ah, I see not the biggest fan of the Fry's!

    I really want to make some Wil Yeung recipes (though obviously not this one... chilli oil... death... ha!), but I struggle so much with YouTube-based recipes, it is just not a format I like. But I realise as I type this that I can just save them like I do blog recipes and follow the written instructions, I don't have to watch the video. But I am also very bad at keeping up with YouTube channels in general. I need to buy his cookbook!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to love a lot of chicken nuggets when I ate gluten, and I think maybe going four years without eating them changed my taste buds because I haven't cared for a lot of things I used to like. I did like the breading of the Fry's way more than other nuggets.
      I need to buy his cookbook too! If it helps, his videos are very short and to the point which I really love. Also, he posts the recipe under the video so you really don't even have to watch.
      He might have a blog where he posts the recipes, some YouTubers do that. If he does, I'll let you know!

      Delete
  2. Frys are an established brand in England, I think they are originally South African. I don't think I've had the nuggets but they do have some good products. We like the breaded prawns (though they taste a bit more like chicken to me) and the chicken strips but I think my favourites are their hot dogs which are really good.

    ReplyDelete