Friday, April 9, 2021

Nacho Spice Nooch?!

 

Last week I ran into Whole Foods for some Dave's Killer Buns, and I remembered that I needed nooch. I was also going to Trader Joe's where nooch is cheaper so I don't know what I was thinking in the first place. Anyway, I grabbed the wrong nooch in a hurry and didn't notice till I got home. I didn't even know this was a thing! I went to more than one store that day, so who knows where my receipt went, and I don't even know if returning during covid is allowed! 

So now I'm stuck with this whole thing. Nacho-y flavors are okay, but not my favorite and not something I eat often, but I do need to use this up so we'll see if that changes. Last night I made sweet potato mac and cheese to use up the butt ends of some cheese I had laying around, so I added this, black beans and green dragon sauce. 

I was hoping the nooch would only be lightly flavored and easy to kind of mask the nacho flavors, but it is very, very seasoned. I'm definitely going to experiment with some more potato queso recipes and use this. But now I still need plain nooch!!

I ran to Sprouts for a few things yesterday. It's that time of year where they practically give mangoes away! For the next month there I will be deep in ataulfo mangoes!

Ataulfo mangoes, cilantro, green onion, black beans, red lentils, live probiotic soda, clover sprouts, tahini(from Smith's) chocolate coverd bananas(Bluth bananas)Silk creamer, spring rolls, green tea,strawberries

I'm so happy to see more berries and mangoes, and I'm so ready for nectarines!! Winter fruits are so boring, bring on the stone fruits!

6 comments:

  1. I'm gonna have to look for that! I think I'd put nacho spice nooch on everything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sprinkled it on top of avocado toast the other day and it really spruced it up!

      Delete
  2. I wouldn't know what to do with that quantity of seasoned nutritional yeast, either!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. If it were a smaller bottle, or if I ate those flavors more often it wouldn't be so bad!!

      Delete
  3. I have seen small shakers of seasoned noochy things, but never a big one like that! Here nooch is nooch, I didn't even know you could get it seasoned like that. I guess a lot of nacho-inspired things are in your future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have a dill and vinegar flavored bottle too, and one other flavor. I guess it's a thing, and we missed it! Call me basic, but I prefer plain nooch!

      Delete