Thursday, April 15, 2021

Some Food I've Tried and Eaten While it Snows in April!

 As I'm sitting here gazing out of my window, I'm looking at snowflakes in mid April! This whole week has been cold, grey and just blah. I really resent bad days during the spring, because in about a month I'm going to loathe being outside unless it's very, very early in the morning. As someone who has always been a sun loving summer gal, it's hard dreading summer and the scorching sun. I miss the mildness of Seattle so much!

Tuesday and Wednesday were extremely windy. I was scared we were about to have another extreme windstorm and no power for four days! When I got home from my walk yesterday morning, I felt like I had really gone through it, and I wanted something warm and cozy for breakfast, so I made kitchari! I haven't had this in awhile and it hit the spot!

I had it with some paratha bread from the freezer. Paratha is pretty delicious and flaky, not the best for scooping and dipping. I need to make more naan soon!



I ran across these two things at a store I don't go to really ever. I didn't even know daiya had a Swiss cheese! I had a slice on a homemade lentil walnut burger and it melted and tasted great warm. I don't love it cold though. Daiya has a few varieties that I enjoy cold, but a lot of their flavors should come with a must be heated warning!

The Bitchin sauce was on clearance and I kind of know why. I've had other flavors of bitchin sauce and while they aren't my favorite or something that I crave, I've enjoyed them. This was so not enjoyable. I resent spending two dollars on it! The cilantro flavor doesn't taste fresh, and it somehow has too much lime but also needs more acid because it's very dull. It's a no from me dawg!

I also found this at the same store. I LOVE Tofurky deli slices, and I love their holiday roast so this seemed like a sure bet. I didn't feel like cooking too much last night so I treated myself, and man, it was worth it! Ten out of ten for this product! The chick'n has a great texture, and the sauce is delicious! The sauce was what I was most worried about to be honest. But it's maybe the best BBQ sauce I've had, they should bottle it! It's perfect, not too smoky or sweet, just right!

I made some tacos with coleslaw and some homemade pickled onions and carrots. Ten out of ten for the Tofurky chick'n. I will definitely buy again. They also have a lightly seasoned variety!




1 comment:

  1. Oh,I miss this BBQ Tofurky! We used to get it, but now we only get the plain one here which I don't love, it has a slightly funky flavour about it.

    ReplyDelete