Tuesday, April 13, 2021

Tuesday Thangs

 Even though I'm eating gluten again, that doesn't mean I've given up on trying to heal or at least manage my hypothyroidism. If being gluten free would have been beneficial to me I would have definitely continued. Although I'm not obsessed with always eating healthy, I do deep down believe food is medicine. 

I've read and heard that sea moss, or Irish sea moss(not sure if they're all the same, I get confused when it comes to trendy health things) is very good for all kinds of things, but specifically thyroid issues. I'm not going to get into specifics because I am not a doctor, I don't even have a doctor! So, this is just information that I have looked into, and something I'm willing to try. 

Anyway, a lot of people buy sea moss gel and add it to smoothies. Since I'm not a smoothie person, I've tried and tried to make myself become one, but fetch just isn't happening for me. So, I found gummies that are not full of sugar and weird thangs.They're sweetened with rice syrup so no nasty stevia either!

I've been taking two gummies a day for about four days now, and one thing I can definitely say is that I feel a bit more pep in my step. Between depression and hypothyroidism, sluggishness is something I have to really fight and it's hard to fight when you're well, sluggish! I hope to feel more benefits as I continue to take these. 


Sunday morning I was having a lazy coffee in bed day, and I read a really sweet tribute to DMX from Gabrielle Union. She said they bonded on a movie set over watching reruns of Golden Girls. The thought of gravelly DMX laughing at the girl's shenanigans is really touching. 


I picked up this hot pot base last week at the Asian market and decided to try some last night. The base is very, very flavorful so I just added green onion and a little ginger to the broth, and then added enoki mushrooms, shredded carrot, fried tofu, rice cakes and some noodles. My apartment smelled the way I want my kitchen to smell always. Especially coming inside after being out in the cold. Delicious!

So this totally happened! This is as close to a real cuddle as I've seen! His little foot is actually touching Roxy!! This made my whole entire day!



3 comments: