Friday, April 2, 2021

Restaurant and Family Mart

 Thanks to a random ad on YouTube, I discovered a new Asian market here in SLC. It's pretty new, and it's retail and wholesale.

The store is called Restaurant and Family Mart, and it's huge! It's very warehouse, Costco size which is such the opposite of Chinatown Market which is smaller and way more crammed. 

It is geared more for restaurant owners, so I couldn't really get much. They had stuff I needed like rice and red lentils, but I can't exactly carry a fifty pound bag of each on the bus. 

If you live in SLC and have a car, it might be more worth it because they really do have some amazing deals! I saw the biggest wok I've ever seen in my life. Almost the size of a kiddie pool. I should have taken a picture!

All in all, I'm glad I went, it was nice pushing myself out of my comfort zone, even if I had to deal with the bus. But in the future I think I'll stick to Chinatown market. 

Fried tofu, spicy seasoned tofu, enoki mushrooms, ginger, squirt bottle, grapefruit oranges(?!), Cafe Du Monde chicory coffee, Korean vermicelli, barley tea, noodles, bamboo spoon, masala lays that are out of this world!, yellow and red onion



These are accidentally vegan, and the best chip I've ever had!! The flavor is just so addictive. They are spicy, and the heat builds but man. These were worth the trip, and I wish I would have bought more!

The flowers have been blooming for a few weeks now, but yesterday I noticed this tree growing baby leaves. it's the first green on a tree I've seen. I do love spring so much!


6 comments:

  1. I am glad you had the adventure, but also that your comfort zone remains an option. So little is comforting out there these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got to get some of those chips! We have a warehouse-style Asian market here that I love, but it's also very far from my house. And the smaller one is down the block! This post reminds to get back to the big one soon! I haven't been in years!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going back to this place solely for these chips. I seriously keep thinking about them and kicking myself for not buying more!!!

      Delete
  3. Those Marsala chips are very tasty with just the right amount of kick. When I'm able to find them, I stock up. They are one of my all-time favorite snacks. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm definitely going back to stock up. I can't believe how delicious they are. I keep dreaming of that flavor!!

      Delete