Sunday, May 2, 2021

Korean Pancakes, Thrifting, Finding Sales and Smelling Pretty!

 

I found this on my last trip to Chinatown Supermarket, and I had some veggies that needed to be used so I made veggie scallion pancakes the other night! This mix makes it so easy because it's already seasoned.

I've never made Korean pancakes, or even had them when someone else makes them, so I'm a newb. Next time I will definitely make them thinner, and leave out the cabbage. They were still really tasty so definitely not a fail!


I ran to Natural Grocers for incense and found two little treeline cheeses on clearance! These are the harder little circles and they're so, so good! Treeline is definitely one of my favorite vegan cheeses. 


I also found this booch-y kind of drink and since it's a new to the store item it was on sale. I'm glad I tried it on sale because it wasn't my favorite. It has an odd aftertaste, and it's kind of dry. 

I made this towering stuffed baked potato the other night, and it was so filling and delicious! I stuffed it with baked beans, BBQ tofurky 'chicken", and coleslaw. This tasted like summer and really hit the spot!


I went thrifting the other day and found this adorable bowl for a buck! I love anything paisley! Inside is a steaming bowl of green curry ramen with tofu, kale, and lots of Thai basil!



I have been using Schmidt's natural deodorant for over two years now. It's one of the only natural deodorants that works on me. I'm sure there could be others, but let's be real, they are freaking expensive, and so many of them don't work I can't afford to experiment! Alas, Natural Grocers was out of  Schmidt's the other day, so I grabbed this because it's natural, vegan and at least was on sale. And the only other natural deodorant that I like is the primal Pit paste that comes in a little jar like this. I kind of like applying the deodorant with my hand. 

Anyway, the other day I went to get groceries, and it was like eighty three degrees and I was walking around lugging three heavy bags. By the time I got home, I was a sweaty, greasy mess. But my armpits still smelled like Jasmine! I'm impressed so far, and it's nice to have another option!


5 comments:

  1. I've never been able to find a natural deodorant that worked for me, though to be honest I haven't tried many because I am reluctant to spend all that money on something that probably isn't going to do anything. Alas, I am a sweaty and stinky, so I use some hardcore clinical gel that I will still sweat through!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Hillary Primal Pit Paste changed their name. They're Pretty Frank now, so that's what you have. And I've been using their lavender scented cream-style deodorant for nearly a year and it's great. Honestly, the best non-aluminum deodorant I've tried. So you scored there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good work, I was doing a google search and your site came up for short sales in Oviedo, FL but anyway, I have had a pleasant time reading it, keep it up! russian blue kittens for sale

    ReplyDelete
  4. Purple Runtz maintained business and professional development objectives, developing core competencies that include writing and editing, speaking, and presentations. Developed content for blog and social media channels, maintaining consistent growth in readership.

    ReplyDelete