Monday, May 10, 2021

Vegan Food and Stuff

 

I'm pretty loyal to Silk coffee creamer, whether it's almond or soy milk, it's always nice and creamy.And it's one of the least expensive. I do like to venture out and try other brands when I find sales. I've never heard of this brand, but Sprouts had it on sale, and the container had a dollar off coupon so it cost me two dollars! 

It's pretty good. This is almost as creamy as Silk, and it does taste sweet and it is creamy! I'm not sure how much this is without the sale and coupon, it was so new there was no price. But if it's comparable to Silk, I would definitely buy it again!

Such an ugly, but delicious bowl of food! I found a random store brand bag of potato and onion pierogi that are accidentally vegan. I caramelized some onions, then added some white beans and the pieogi and that was that. With some sauerkraut of course! 


Last night I made a burrito stuffed with refried black beans, avocado, the best vegan queso ever from Simple Truth, and these Taco Bell style spicy potatoes. Here's the recipe I used for the potatoes. I had more potatoes with green dragon sauce on the side. This hit the spot and I highl;y recommend the potatoes. The cornstarch gives them a crispy coating that makes them almost feel fried. 


I took a different street on my walk yesterday, and I came across this little oasis! You can't really see it, but behind all the beautiful trees is a little house that almost looks like a cabin. The yard just looks like you're in a forest. So beautiful! I definitely appreciate seeing anything green or lush since moving to Utah. Lush isn't a word I use often. Dry and parched are more the usual. 

So big and majestic!

I've been waiting for La Croix to come out with some new flavors! I spotted two new flavors, a raspberry/blackberry flavor that is really good, and this beach plum which I'm really in love with. I don't know how they do it, but this is going to be in my fridge a lot this summer!!


2 comments:

  1. Pierogis are usually possible to describe as both ugly and delicious! I'm glad you had them.

    Silk is my favorite creamer, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could find vegan pierogis here! I don't think even non-vegan pierogis are very easy to find. But I want them! Without having to make them. Once I was all poised to try making them but then it ended up being a 30 degree Celcius night and even with air con working with pastry was not going to be a thing I wanted to do and we had salad for dinner instead.

    ReplyDelete