Thursday, May 20, 2021

Should Have Gone Lyft

 Guess who'd fully vaxxed? This guy! Although I'm feeling pretty crummy, headache-y, clammy and tired, I'm so glad I did it! I had a very hard time finding an appointment, and I had to go to a Smith's pretty far away. Well, if you Google directions, by car it's nine minutes, by bus it's one hour and fifteen minutes!! For my first shot I hitched a ride, but that option wasn't available this time so I took a taxi. I had a different person both trips, and the first driver told me way too many TMI stories, and wouldn't stop talking even once we got to the store! Then, on the way home the driver asked what brought me to that part of town, and then proceeded to give me the biggest anti vax lecture the whole way home! I tried a few times to end that convo and steer it anywhere else, but he was not willing to let it drop! I didn't know scientists sometime moonlight as taxi drivers!

After my shot I shopped around for a few things, and I saw this! I know it's not vegan, but I am someone that appreciates progress, and small steps can often lead to bigger steps. I think this is great!



I also stumbled across these! I've seen gardein's ultimate burgers at several stores, but never tenders! They also had ultimate chick'n patties. I also found this Simple Truth vegan spicy ranch which seemed like a natural choice for dipping. 

Last night I was really feeling icky, and not in the mood to cook so these came in handy!! I haven't had their regular tenders in awhile, but I remember that the breading used to come off pretty easily, even with parchment paper. This is not an issue with these babies!

These are what I imagine a fast food tender would be like. The breading is very seasoned and nice and crispy. Perfect ratio of breading and chick'n in my opinion. Ten out of ten! The spicy ranch is also delicious!



2 comments:

  1. The plant based options really are expanding out there!

    I'm sorry your taxi drivers were weird. But I'm really glad you've had that shot now and it's out of the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That taxi driver sucks. It has been a while since I have caught a taxi, but I have had some of them force very uncomfortable conversations on me in the past and it is not cool.

    But I am super glad you got your second vaccination!

    ReplyDelete