Sunday, May 16, 2021

Small Vegan Whole Foods Haul

 I was a little MIA last week.I was on the losing end of my depression, and could really only what absolutely had to be done. I also skipped grocery shopping, so my meals were out of my not very well stocked pantry and freezer. I swear if I could have put it off another week I really would have. 

Trader Joe's and Sprouts both announced on social media that fully vaccinated people can shop mask free. Since I won't be fully vaccinated until next Tuesday, I decided to keep it safe and shop at Whole Foods where they are still requiring face coverings. With all the covid deniers and and Trumpists and anti vaxxers out there, I feel unsafe. To be honest, even after being fully vaccinated I will still wear a mask in public, and honestly I'll probably wear a mask forever on the bus!

Kombucha, oat creamer, onion, tomato, avocado, nag champa, unreal candies, chocolate covered raisins, kale, green onion, rice, bananas, frozen strawberries, coconut milk, baked beans, jalapeno hummus, tofu, bath salts, vanilla incense, garlic, alfalfa sprouts, bread, fizzy water

I've enjoyed shopping at Whole Foods during the pandemic because it seems everyone has Amazon Prime shoppers do their shopping, so it's rarely busy. And if you stay away from specialty things, you can find good deals. I think that's true for anywhere though, unless you're lucky and have access to a Grocery Outlet, specialty items are going to cost you.

This was kind of a half assed trip to be honest. Usually I love grocery shopping, but yesterday I just grabbed what was on my list and couldn't wait to leave. My appetite has been a little off, I'll feel hungry, make something and then after a few bites I don't feel hungry anymore. So I guess this will be an interesting food week!

I hope to be around more this week, I plan on it. I plan on pushing myself to feel like a human again. 



3 comments:

  1. I know just what you mean. I'm vaccinated, but I don't want people going around unmasked indoors. It's too soon.

    May is supposedly hard on a lot of us, and it makes us as depressed as the darkness in the winter for the days to get longer or something--I read about this yesterday. Hang in there. I hope all of this, too, will pass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry that you have been dealing with your depression, I know it is so tough and I'm proud of you for getting out there and doing what you need to do. I'm concerned about people not wearing masks as well since I'm not yet vaccinated (I left NY as it was opening up more - I worked in healthcare and still couldn't get an appt before then - and technically I'm not a resident here yet so I'm not sure if I'll be able to get vaccinated here until I am) but we tend to not be around people much anyway so hopefully it will all be fine.

    Hope that you feel better soon <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you were able to get some food in a way that felt safe to you with the masks. Depression is a hard thing, so proud of you for going. <3

    ReplyDelete