Monday, May 17, 2021

Meals I Made with Bits and Bobs

 I figured I'd show some of my freezer/pantry meals I had last week. To be honest, I'm surprised I was able to pull it off, because I definitely don't have a super stocked pantry or freezer. But I guess it was more stocked than I realized. 

I have this vegan pesto that is really sharp and I don't like it, so I blended some up with some slivered almonds and made this creamy pesto pasta with tofu. Pretty tasty.


I really love that Tik Tok tortilla hack. It's just such an easier way to eat a quesadilla. This had leftover rice, refried black beans and some Simple Truth queso which is the best queso vegan or not I've had.

I had an extremely freezer burned Beyond sausage in my freezer, so I roasted that with some potatoes and had a little sauerkraut on the side.



I always have tofu in my fridge. I think tofu is my favorite protein, or "meat substitute". I just Googled spicy braised tofu and found a recipe I liked. Simple and super tasty. This was my second favorite meal of the week.

This was hands down my favorite meal of the week. Buffalo soy curls on top of one pot vegan mac and cheese. Ten out of ten. The mac and cheese recipe is here. It was so easy, and wow, really great. I had a handful of vegan cheese in my freezer I used, but I tasted it before adding the cheese and it's still delicious. Honestly, when I make this again I'll probably leave out vegan cheese. And it's just as easy as any boxed mac and cheese and a zillion times tastier. 

I had some frozen fruit and carrots and oranges so I did have green smoothies and carrot orange juice about five out of the seven days, so I did have some color and fruit and veg in my life too!

Tomorrow I get my second shot of the vaccine, so a week after tomorrow I'll be as safe as you can be which is good with mask restrictions being lifted. I think it's too soon, so I'll still be wearing mine. 

Wish me luck, if I feel too icky I'm sure I won't be around for a couple of days. But it feels good to be a part of the solution!


4 comments:

  1. I still wear my mask anytime I'm in an enclosed space with people, which is what is required in my state, but CONGRATULATIONS on getting the vaccine and thank you for doing your part to reopen the world. These are awesome pantry meals. I'm impressed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stores are starting to loosen the mask requirements, but they're just counting on people being honest which I think is a HUGE mistake. There are so many anti maskers in this state!!

      Delete
  2. I hope it all goes well with your second vaccination!
    These meals look great, you have a good pantry. I really like your solution for the pesto by adding almonds, very clever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too. I'm a bit scared because who wants to feel sick, but it's worth it. The fear is worse than any actual symptoms I'm sure.
      The creamy almonds cut that tang real nice!!

      Delete