Saturday, May 29, 2021

Hello Joe!

 I went to Trader Joe's yesterday for the first time in awhile. I went right at opening and it's the first time since the pandemic that there was no line. They might not even be limiting numbers anymore because of the vaccine. Either way I avoided the rush so I was happy! 

Cucumber, tomato, spicy picles, green onion, red and yellow onion, vegan queso (Smiths), gnocchi, pita bread, flatbread, tofu, iceberg, frozen strawberries, garlic spread, vegan gummies,soy curls, Dave's Killer English muffins,red and green lentils, avocado, jalapenos, lemon, corn dippers, coconut milk, spinach

The soy curls are from Natural Grocers, the muffins Whole Foods and the Queso is from Smith's. Whole Foods has Dave's breads on sale for under four dollars!!! I have become a Dave's bread enthusiast. It is pricier, but honestly so worth it. And coming from the world of gluten free, it's still cheaper than any nasty ass gluten free bread!

I also grabbed this at Whole Foods. It shocked me that it's vegan! I'm trying another Wil Yeung recipe tonight, and I think a drizzle of this will make it even more chef's kiss. 

Trader Joe's has the Impossible patties now! The package of six is $11.99, which almost gave me a heart attack!! I guess two bucks a burger isn't bad, but it's too rich for my blood! Someone on the Gram mentioned that they paid much more at Sprouts, so if you want some burgers to grill this weekend and live near a Trader Joe's you can save some money.



Field Roast has been changing their packaging, and I think they changed their formula for their hot dogs. I remember the old hotdogs were very firm, almost more like sausages, these felt softer, more like a tofu pup or smart dog. Tofu pups were my favorite vegan hotdog, I wonder if they still make them?




2 comments:

  1. I hope Field Roast didn't change, because the firmness of their hot dogs was unique and I loved them--they were my absolute faves. Well, you have to roll with the punches, I guess!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Field Roast hotdogs so I hope they haven't changed them!
    I am glad that you were able to get to TJs and have a safe-feeling experience there.

    ReplyDelete