Friday, May 28, 2021

What I Ate Plus a New Friend!

 

 I took a picture of what I ate and drank yesterday. A day of eating from the rut if you will. It's not exciting, but not every vegan meal is full of sparkle and shine as social media would sometimes try to make us believe. 

After my morning lemon water I had iced instant coffee. I really like this instant cold brew from Trader Joe's. It's decently priced, and you get many servings from each jar. It tastes pretty dang good for instant if you ask me!


Someone I follow on Instagram had a beautiful watermelon for breakfast one day, and it made me crave watermelon so badly. I bought an expensive organic one at Natural grocers, and it was mushy and mealy city. I was so pissed because of the price. I expect more when I pay more. Anyway, I turned that lemon into lemonade by making watermelon juice. It was tasty.


Since I couldn't have watermelon, I made some kitchari for breakfast. Topped with some sriracha and green dragon sauce. Very soul satisfying.



Lots of flat water, fizzy water and cold yerba mate. I feel like I'm living in a constant state of dehydration living in Utah. It's like I can never drink enough fluids!

For dinner I made spicy sesame noodles and had a few radishes and spring rolls. This was very tasty and comforting. I've been loving adding a little radish to my meals.

I'm going to brave Trader Joe's this morning. I'm going to mask up and get there early so I can avoid a ton of people. Hopefully I'll get some inspiration. 

I feed some of the neighborhood strays. Most run from me, the first stray I ever saw still won't let me near him. But there have been a few new kitties that show up at feeding time, and two of them are very friendly. This is one of them and she is so sweet and pretty. She flops over for belly rubs as soon as she sees me!!!


 

I love her!!!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 




3 comments:

  1. I had kitchari for breakfast this morning too! I had some leftover from my mini-kitchari cleanse earlier in the week. It's so good! Those sesame noodles look amazing. Also, what a cute kitty baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck finding inspiration! Sometimes it's good to just give in to the reality that you aren't finding any. But I think your watermelon solution was inspired and beautiful, for what that's worth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love her too, what a sweet heart.
    That is so annoying about the watermelon, I am glad you were able to salvage it into a lovely drink.

    ReplyDelete