Monday, November 16, 2020

Trying New Thangs!

 

This is my new addiction. It's so good I almost want to cry! I've seen it around, but it is on the pricier side, and in the past I've been let down by accidentally vegan popcorn. Plus, I tried Lesser Evil's paleo puffs and wasn't a fan. But this is AHMAZING! The perfect amount of salt, the cheesy flavor is spot on, and popcorn cooked in coconut oil is the best in my opinion! Ten out of ten will definitely buy again!

I found this Primal Kitchen no dairy Alfredo sauce on sale awhile ago and tucked it away for a rainy day. Saturday after shopping was that day. I cooked up some Banza chickpea linguine and had an easy dinner. It was easy, just not tasty. The sauce has a decent texture, although a little thinner than I make  mine, but the flavor was both bland and way too lemony. What a letdown. I would give this a one out of ten, and will definitely not buy again!


Since going gluten free I'd given up on spring rolls, but look what I found! The wrapper is made with garbanzo and rice flour, and they are of course vegan!


Last night I had a simple rice, tofu, romaine bowl with spicy gochujang peanut sauce and two of the spring rolls. I am definitely impressed. They aren't as light and crispy as a traditional spring roll, but that's to be expected with gluten free. But they are lighter and crispier than I expected. And the filling is very nice. On just a spring roll scale I would have to give these a six or seven out of ten, but on a gluten free scale these are an eleven out of ten and I will definitely buy again!


5 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you got to have spring rolls again! And awesome cheesy popcorn! So sorry the pasta sauce didn't work out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The spring rolls made up for the pasta sauce for sure!
      I thonk if the sauce called itself a lemon Alfredo, or lemon cream sauce or something like that I might have liked it better. It was just not at all what I was expecting!

      Delete
  2. Yay for finding spring rolls again! There is a brand of vegan gf spring rolls here that I have not bought, but I always think of you when I see them. Very unfortunate about the pasta sauce, that does not sound good at all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so lemony! I love lemon, and definitely a bit of lemon is nice in rich, creamy sauces, but this was too much!!
      But I get to have spring rolls again!

      Delete
  3. The spring rolls sound like an awesome find, and yay for cheesy popcorn!

    ReplyDelete