Sunday, November 22, 2020

Small Vegan Smith's Haul

I really planned my week horribly. I planned on yesterday(Saturday) being my grocery day, but didn't realize it was the Saturday before a food holiday. A food holiday that's mostly cancelled, but a food holiday nonetheless. 

Yesterday I was having a very low energy day and decided to keep it easy and go to good old Smith's. Smith's has their own organic house brand, Simple truth Organics, and they've been adding A LOT of vegan products to their line! 

I didn't get too much, it was busy and I was overwhelmed but I'll get some more veg during the week when things are calmer. 

Tofu, coffee creamer, popcorn,green onion, vegan cheese slices, carrots, sweet potato puffs, cuties, garbanzo, black and white beans, decaf coffee, clearance pumpkin spice coffee, vegan queso, mango fizzy water

Did you guys know this existed?? I've always wished Chao made shreds, or at least a block that can be shredded. It seems to be so new there were no price stickers on the shelf. I'm on a strict budget this week, so I need to know prices. But one day I will try this. Can you imagine the mac and cheese?


I've seen Bianca rave about this vegan queso, and I second her raves! This is actually the second container I've bought! It's great cold or warm, and it's creamy and has a tiny kick. And it's very fairly priced, $3.29. Eleven out of ten recommend!!


I did purchase this cheese. This was the cheapest of all the vegan cheese, at $4.29 for ten slices. Still not super cheap, but in the realm of vegan specialty items it's a great deal. 

I wanted to thank everyone for the support on my last post. I imagine food shaming and policing happens in the non vegan world, but it seems like it's everywhere in the vegan community. 

I did end up blocking the person because they just wouldn't take no thank you as an answer. It's one thing to offer up unasked for health advice, but it crosses a line when you won't respect when they decline your advice.

1 comment:

  1. It's remarkable how quick people are to offer unsolicited advice or shame people's food choices! It happens a lot in all worlds but sometimes vegans are the worst. That said, I've had the most aggravating conversations with non-vegans following either sugar-free diets or full-on ketogenic diets and I'm like, okay, good for you, but I actually don't care about what you're trying to make me feel bad about!

    I've never seen Chao shreds but I agree--that would be something I'd want! In the meantime, if you get the slices and chop them up, you can still have that epic mac and cheese if you want. I've done it and was really happy with it.

    ReplyDelete