Friday, November 27, 2020

Dessert First

 For everyone in the states who celebrates Thanksliving, I hope you had a great day! For me, it was just another day, just maybe a bit slower. Even though I don't personally celebrate, I decided to make a cherry crisp to feel like I did something a little special or different. I topped it with cocowhip and it was such a treat!

Terrible picture, delicious crisp!


While we're on the topic of desserts, I spotted this at Winco the other day and couldn't resist. I tasted a bite when I got home and it's really nice. Sweet and a little tart from the hibiscus. It seems like it would be great in a holiday punch bowl!


You guys, I thought the sour cream and onion were my favorite flavor of these sweet potato puffs, but I think the BBQ is taking the crown! These are very generously coated with a delicious smoky BBQ flavor. Eleven out of ten!

Kung Pao soy curls

Mapo tofu

Two more recipes from the AHMAZING Wil Yeung. I have now tried five or six of his recipes, and they've all been a huge success! This is his channel, please check him out! I really never thought I'd be able to whip up Mapo tofu. This dish always seems like something  have to get at a restaurant. But it really was so simple to throw together!

3 comments:

  1. The kung pao soy curls look so good! But I, too, lead with dessert. The crisp looks so great. I've been alone on Thanksgiving before and didn't celebrate, but this time around for some reason I did. I am now working my way through an entire vegan pecan pie. I question my sanity, but only a little.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man, that sounds like a wonderful problem, and I don't think you should question your sanity at all!
      I'm feeling more mushy about the holidays than I normally do, I even bought a few decorations which is not me. I think 2020 has changed us all in different ways.

      Delete
  2. The cherry crisp sounds like a perfect dessert, and your bowls look amazing!

    ReplyDelete