Saturday, November 14, 2020

Sweet and Spicy

 I've always loved chocolate covered raisins. Raisinets were always one of my favorite movie theater treats. I haven't had a chocolate covered raisin since going vegan. That's a long time!


I spotted these at Whole foods a few weeks ago and they are vegan! I finally got around to trying them the other night and yum! Pretty basic, nice dark chocolate covering a plump raisin., what's not to love? 


I found these gems at Smith's last week. They're like little Nestle crisps, but even better! And that little touch of sea salt warrants a chef's kiss!


Thursday night I was craving noodles, so I made an old favorite, sesame noodles from The Asian Vegan Kitchen I added some baked tofu on top. Man, why had I gone so long without making this? 

Last night I wanted to make peanut stew, but didn't have quite enough peanut butter, so I made a bits and bobs curry! I had little amounts of things including tofu, red and green lentils, and red potato so I used those up, and I had a sweet potato that desperately needed to be used so I blended that into the sauce along with the small amount of peanut butter I had on hand. Makes it a beautiful color, and adds a little sweet relief.


I swear I truly crave a bowl of lentils in one form or another at least once a week, usually more. It's just so satisfying and comforting to me. 


This is where Joan lives during the winter! if it's not this vent, it's the bathroom vent! At least here she is laying the long way, so some of the vent is at least exposed, but normally she lays along the whole vent so the rest of us get no heat!

5 comments:

  1. Joan is a cat after my own heart. All the heat!
    I think I always thought Raisinettes were just little boxes of raisins, because we have little boxes of raisins and sultanas and stuff here that would be put into lunchboxes or for snacks. Didn't realise that Raisinettes were covered in chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have those little boxes of raisins too, but yes, raisinettes are covered in chocolate!! Such a great combo!

      Delete
  2. Rediscovering things is such fun! Glad you had those noodles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The dark chocolate raisins sound great! And those noodles and tofu look absolutely delicious!
    Joan, you have the cutest belly!

    ReplyDelete