Tuesday, November 3, 2020

Just A Random Mish Mash (Nerves)

 

After last week's snowstorm and temperatures dropping to the low teens, now at the start of November we're having days in the upper sixties! Wearing sandals to take a walk on the first day of November is pretty nice! Weird but nice!

Flowers in November!

I loved the sour cream and onion flavor so much, I decided to try the vegan cheddar and the vegan buffalo ranch. These are okay. They have that extremely fake cheddar flavor that a lot of the boxed vegan mac and cheeses have. The sour cream and onion get a solid ten out of ten, I would give these a five out of ten. I'll eat them, but even on sale I probably wouldn't buy again. Once I finish these, I'll open the buffalo ranch and hopefully be blown away!


Total impulse buy, but I've never heard of tater stix, but tater tots in stick form is definitely something I need in my life!


I've been loving dipping my potatoes in a hummus/all over it sauce combo. The jalapeno hummus from Whole Foods is especially tasty. 

Sunday night I made Filipino garlic fried rice with a beyond brat. With a little salad on the side for some green. This dish was okay, but it needed more spice and pizzaz.


Last night all I wanted was a nice bowl of lentils and tofu. So I made a peanut butter curry. So soothing on my unsettled stomach.

Today I feel so many things. So very nervous. In 2016 I had no problem falling asleep on election night. I never in a million years thought Trump could win. I felt that so strongly in my bones. I won't make that mistake again. I'm terrified of Cheeto winning again, but I'm also terrified of him losing because of his violent, insane supporters. I'm scared of the violence. 

I'm trying to see the positive, at least this is something to distract from the anxiety surrounding Covid!


6 comments:

  1. Yes, I have very similar feelings this time around... hang tight, Hillary, we will get through this together! You have a community of like-minded people here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even in Australia, I am tense about what is going to happen today. And it must be a million times more for you in the US. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's the calm before the storm, but I'm reminding myself that I am who I am and will be who I will be, no matter what, and we all keep fighting, no matter what.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agree with Susan. We are feeling this in England too and worrying for you guys. Sending lots of love xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Hil. Cast my ballot at 10:30 yesterday morning and haven't watched the news since then. I have a very bad feeling (as I did in 2016) that we're facing 4 more years of old pumpkin head. At least, he's galvanizing the young people so that maybe, in the future, things will be better. But who knows? We could see the next Third Reich rise to power in the US. It's anyone's guess. Hang tough.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty flowers, and your peanut butter curry sounds so perfectly comforting!
    This was a tough week, but we survived! <3

    ReplyDelete