Monday, November 23, 2020

A Few of my Favorite Things

 As I mentioned yesterday, Smith's/Kroger/Fred Meyer has their organic house brand Simple Truth Organics. It seems like every time I look there is a new vegan product. I mean, they even have a vegan Alfredo sauce, and it's really good! 

When I went shopping on Saturday I wanted to get some vegan cheese for the week. So, I decided to try Simple Truth vegan cheese. They have shreds and slices, both are four dollars and change. I chose hot pepper slices, because spice!

I decided to make a breakfast quesadilla with a Gardein black bean burger. My favorite gluten free burger ever! Before I added a slice to my quesadilla, I tried a little piece cold. Great flavor, slightly grainy texture. I would say it's good cold if you have it on a sandwich with other things, but to just have cold slices plain probably not.


It melted beautifully, no graininess detected, and has a nice mildly spicy flavor. I'm really, really impressed, and I can't wait to try other flavors and other uses for this! 


I know I just mentioned this last week, but this popcorn is so good it deserves to be talked about all the time! This is a million times better than that other accidentally vegan cheese popcorn, I can't remember the name of it. This has become one of my absolute favorite snacks!


Miso soup is one of my favorite "I'm hungry but not too hungry and I need a hug" kinds of meals. It's also a great quick meal when you wish someone would cook for you. I like mine with a dollop of hoisin and chili crunch oil on top!

2 comments: