Saturday, November 7, 2020

Spicy Spicy

 

I tried the habanero blue from Bolthouse Farms! I had it on my simple garden salad with a veggie burger. The dressing definitely has a kick, so it's not for spice sensitive people. I say this about the FYH blue cheese too, I don't know how they nailed that blue cheese funky flavor. But somehow they did. The spice gets you first, then you taste the blue flavor. really nice. On a spicy level I'd say this is a six, six and a half out of ten. This would be great with some gardein tenders, or whatever your favorite vegan nugget is!! I will definitely buy this again!


I've been hearing a lot of good things about a pumpkin curry simmer sauce at Trader Joe's, but the two times I've been this pumpkin season I haven't seen it. 

I had a sweet potato that needed to be used, so I made my own simmer sauce but with sweet potato. I just blended a boiled sweet potato with a handful of cashews and simmered that with the usual garlic, chili, onion, ginger, spices and red lentils. Halfway through I added some baked tofu and coconut milk. I really love the color. The sweet potato added a slight sweetness that played well with the spice. Yesterday was grey and gloomy so this was the perfect cozy meal!



3 comments:

  1. The pumpkin/sweet potato curry sauce sounds really good.
    Definitely a no from me on that dressing though. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I concur with Susan! Sweet potato in a curry sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very good taste report on the Bolthouse vegan blue cheese dressing. A six and a half spicy level might be too much, but I'm going to risk it and give it a try. Thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete