Thursday, January 18, 2018

What I Ate Wednesday

I forgot I had a few slices of gluten free bread in the freezer from Thanksliving and I also had half an avocado so it seemed like time for some avocado toast! It's been so long and this was sooooooooo tasty! The other two slices have a little coconut oil and nooch.
The other half of the avocado was in this smoothie which also had strawberries, mango, hemp seeds banana an a few walnuts. It also had a few frozen blueberries too. Really tasty and filling.Since I'm trying to lower my waste and we don't have recycling at work anyway(!!??) I haven't been buying cashewgurt so I've been experimenting with more fats early in the day to tide me over. I'm okay until around nine or ten P.M. and then I start feeling pretty dang hungry. But adding a little avocado to smoothies definitely makes more filling!
I marinated some extra firm tofu in Kung Pao sauce while I was at work and just popped it in the oven while I made some rice. The tofu was so delicious. Taking those few extra minutes before work to do a little meal prep makes such a difference. I see lots of people at work buying frozen meals and I assume they're single because they're buying lean cuisine meals for one and things like that. It always makes me feel a little sad for them. I've heard single people say they have no one to cook for so they just don't. They forget about themselves. You don't have to get super fancy but I think cooking for yourself is very important. It's an act of self love. But a lot of those people are also buying cigarettes, energy drinks and tons of soda so I assume self love/care isn't a priority. I know it wasn't for me when I was unhealthy. Anyway, this was delicious and just about as effortless as any packaged food!
I was also looking forward to coming home to this little sweet thing! She loves my bed in the afternoon because that's when the sun hits!






6 comments:

  1. Coming home to cats is the best! No matter how awful my day is, knowing I have Dim Sim's sweet little face to kiss when I walk through the door keeps me going until I get there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. When I come home and they're so happy and cute it makes my day!

      Delete
  2. Your dinner looks so delicious; cooking for yourself is definitely an act of self-care/love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was delicious. The high protein tofu is really quickly becoming my favorite!

      Delete
  3. I absolutely agree that cooking for yourself is a form of self care and is very therapeutic for me. I need to get into better habits with that again. Your meals look amazing, as always, and I love that sweet face :) It must be nice to have all of that love waiting for you when you get home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always feel better making food for myself. Even if it's the simplest meal ever it just feels nice.
      Having that love is sometimes the only thing that helps me get through my Day!

      Delete