Thursday, January 4, 2018

Lunch with Cats

I stumbled across this at work the other night, and once I got over my shock that we actually carry it I was reminded of how much I love pudla, or chickpea pancakes. The pancakes are really easy to make an are nice and filling.
I made myself a pancake yesterday for lunch. I realized too late that I don't have a spatula so it didn't turn out to be the prettiest pancake ever, but I topped it with some avocado and lots of sriracha and it was gorgeous!
Since the flour is ground chickpeas it's full of fiber and protein so this pancake really stuck with me. The batter is super easy, flour, water and a little salt and pepper. Like I said, super easy. Sometimes I ad chopped spinach, or chopped kale to the batter. If you add veggies you want it to be quick cooking veggies or pre cooked veggies because the pancakes cook quickly. So pretty on my Cindy Crawford plate!
These little birds have been flocking to a tree right outside of my bedroom window and the kitties are obsessed! Here is Etta kind of taking over and Joan and Kanye are patiently waiting their turn!
Someone posted this quote on Instagram and I saw it this morning and it spoke to me very loudly!
" On the journey to myself, I've been so many people" Wow, just wow right?
Here's a little warm Kanye belly. I think people love Kanye's belly as much as me, an she loves showing it!





8 comments:

  1. YES! I had pudla on Monday, and I'm having it again on Sunday. And I can't wait! Love that stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it so much too! It's one of my favorite foods to have for breakfast/lunch!

      Delete
  2. I love pudla, it is so easy and satisfying. I like to add vegetables to the batter, then saute some spinach to put on top and I normally add some avocado and tahini to drizzle on as well.
    I wish to lie down next to Kanye and rub her belleh and steal some of the heat. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to ad spinach or chopped kale to the batter. I've never tried it with tahini drizzled, that sounds amazing!
      I always want to lie with Kanye and rub her belly!

      Delete
  3. I've never tried pudla but it definitely seems like something I'd have to add to my list of things to try! The kitties are too much! How adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely try it! They're super easy to make and so delicious!
      They always crack me up!

      Delete
  4. That's a great find! I've always had it called socca, but i guess that's the italian version- whatever, same thing. It is crazy how tasty it is, and perfect for about any veggie style toppings! A spatula would help though... ;)
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'ma fan of Garbanzo Bean Flour!

    ReplyDelete