Sunday, January 28, 2018

What I Ate On a Budget

I made some potato lentil soup for breakfast/lunch yesterday. I seasoned it with Italian seasoning, fennel seed, crushed red pepper and a little cumin. Simple and delicious and of course filling.

Still working on keeping the sick away so I had some more carrot orange juice before work. Look at those gorgeous discount flowers!
Dinner was a real treat. I made some brown rice spaghetti and tossed it with some of this delicious olive tapenade from Trader Joe's. It's only $1.99 a jar and has such great flavor! And because the flavor is so strong this jar will last you awhile. I also baked some tofu and had that on the side. Great combo.
I'm definitely feeling satisfied and content as far as my meals go. I  don't feel hungry or stressed about food. And I haven't had to spend hours planning or hours in the kitchen. It definitely hasn't been complicated. Or expensive.                                                                                                                                                                                          
So Joan and Roxy are the regulators for meal time. They both jump on me in the morning as soon as they see me even move a little. But Kanye is the treat regulator. Our routine is they have breakfast, I have some tea and lemon water while perusing the interwebz. When I'm one with my tea they get treats. So Kanye starts bugging me about halfway through my tea. This morning she was laying under my table/desk rolling around and looking at me with the cutest faces. Of course as soon as I took this picture she looked away!! But I mean showing me her belly is an effective trick!!


5 comments:

  1. Such cute kitties! Loving your budget meal posts. Saw this recipe and thought of you with gluten free and your love of potatoes http://thevegan8.com/2014/08/21/4-step-gluten-free-potato-pizza-crust/ I love them too. Plan to try this soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just peeked at your budget week, and it looks inspiring and delicious!

    I am trying to keep the illnesses away, too - despite my sinus drainage and laryngitis! I'm grateful it is not a chest cold or flu!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Showing her belleh seems an excellent way of luring treats!
    Do you have a juicer, or do you make juices in the blender? I can't remember.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all lentil soups! Great idea to add potato in there too, i bet it had a great creamy texture. The spices and salt are so important for it, and i like either fresh herbs or a drizzle of red wine vinegar on top too.
    Seems like you’re healthy so far so the carrot orange juice seems to be working!
    Gah, i love that olive tapenade so much i buy it and put it on everything possible until i run out.
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know I love making blender soups! Yours looks great!

    ReplyDelete