Thursday, January 25, 2018

Easy Peasy Budget Days

I started my day yesterday with green tea and then when I got hungry I had this smoothie with frozen cherries, spinach, hemp seeds, banana, and maca powder. It was actually pretty filling!
As I was cleaning and making black beans and potato queso I whipped up a carrot orange juice. I'm still drinking airborne and kombucha and carrot orange juice when I can to keep the sickness away.
Notice the flowers are still going strong! Tomorrow it will be a week since I bought them for twenty nine cents!!
I whipped up an enchilada casserole with black beans, rice, homemade enchilada sauce and potato queso for dinner. This meal was around two dollars to make and would be a great meal if you have a family or other people you're cooking for. It's a budget meal that definitely doesn't taste it! For me I will have the leftovers for lunch/breakfast for the next couple of days.
Here it is fresh out of the oven. Hot and bubbly and dying to be eaten! Even though it's made with super simple ingredients it tastes decadent.
I had a little bit of leftover queso so I added it on top of my serving along with some Cholula hot sauce.
I will definitely be eating more food than this on other days. I just wasn't all that hungry early in the day yesterday and so I listened to my body.
So far so good. Not only am I eating well, but I'm able to have juices and smoothies. I've said it a million times, you don't have to live on Top Ramen or spend hours in the kitchen if you're on a budget!
And here is Joan in all her napping glory yesterday. She of course got extra cute when she noticed I was taking her picture. She was born to be a star!







7 comments:

  1. That casserole looks AMAZING! I really want some right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your enchilada casserole looks really good; it's always great to have leftovers, too! Sweet Joan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enchilada casserole is one of my favorite cheap meals!
      I know, Joan is so sweet!

      Delete
  3. That casserole looks phenomenal and anything that can be made on a budget and last for days is a perfect option. Sweet Joan, How adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This casserole was like two dollars to make at the most and it was delicious on top of that!!
      Joan is the best!

      Delete
  4. I love how Joan has her paw over her eyes.
    The casserole looks really tasty and very filling, I love things that make a lot of leftovers so I can take them to work for lunch or have them for dinner on the days when I get home late.

    ReplyDelete