Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Veggin All Over

Have you guys heard the great news that Ben&Jerry's has not one but two new flavors of vegan ice cream? They are peanut butter half baked and cinnamon buns! I read about it here. I actually see quite a few people at work buying the vegan B&J. Ben&Jerry's really started a trend because a lot of non vegan companies are now offering vegan options!
My smoothie got a big smile from Stephen Colbert. This had acai, strawberries,banana, mango and hemp seeds.
Lunch was another beige meal! Tofu nuggets and oven fries with some garlic and sriracha Just Mayo and a little sweet hot mustard. The dips kind of look like a weird poached egg or something which was not the look I was going for. I was just in a rush!
I was going to make sesame noodles for dinner which are super simple to make, but I was too wiped to even do that so I just mixed some gluten free spaghetti with this Kung Pao sauce and some green onion. Like the laziest Lo Mein ever!
Last night another one of my coworkers bought Morningstar Farms Chicken patties! She said she was craving a chicken patty  and decided to try the vegetarian version!! I told her Morningstar Farms were one of my favorites when I was a vegetarian! She asked her meat loving husband awhile ago if he would be willing to have a meatless night every week or so and he begrudgingly agreed. One step leads to another step!



10 comments:

  1. Those new B&J flavours sound pretty exciting! I look forward to spending AU$15 per tub when they finally arrive here. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do sound delicious!! But wowzers $15 no way!!! I hate paying five or six dollars!

      Delete
  2. If it wasn’t so cold i would be more enthusiastic about the new vegan ben and jerry’s...! It really is so amazing to see so many vegan ice creams available now. And i just saw at my regular local crummy grocery that they carry the vegan i can’t believe it’s not butter. I feel like there’s certainly a wide interest in nondairy products finally, heck my very meat and potatoes very picky mom actually swapped to almond milk a few years ago after she tried liked the one I bought so much ; mostly because the organic local dairy options are so expensive yet (thanks to me!) she knows too much to support or buy any factory farmed dairy. Anyways.
    Yay for another coworker recognizing vegetarian/vegan meals are a good thing! Every single one counts
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw an a for the I can't believe it's not butter vegan blend and I was so shocked that they made a vegan version! I haven't seen it yet though.
      I see a lot of people who obviously aren't vegan or veg buying plant milks and it's at least a step and a good one!!!

      Delete
  3. Hahaha that smoothie pic with Stephen Colbert is amazing! I love it :) I am SO EXCITED about the new Ben & Jerry's flavors, particularly the Cinnamon Buns one. I hope I am able to find it but I'm confident I will. My store tends to have a big variety of vegan B&J. The lo mein looks delicious! Hooray for your coworker taking some steps toward a more veg life! That's amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I can find it too! The cinnamon buns sounds really amazing to me too, I love cinnamon!
      I'm so happy and proud of my coworker too!!

      Delete
  4. Love that you dressed up your "beige" meal with the two gorgeous, colorful dishes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha Ha thank you! I feel like I do show a lot of beige meals but I also try to eat some of the rainbow!

      Delete
  5. Maybe vegan organizations should hire you to work "undercover" to convert as many co-workers as possible. lol

    I am pumped for the Cinnamon Buns! It was one of my favorite ice cream pre-vegan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love that job so much!! And I think I'd actually be pretty good at it!!!
      I'm pumped for the cinnamon buns too. Although I've never had the regular version, it just sounds amazing an I love cinnamon!

      Delete