Monday, January 22, 2018

Random Monday

I wanted to show the hand sanitizer that I've been using. The company is EO and this is organic and vegan and they never test on animals. This was like $1.69 and it's a spray which I personally like much better than gel. It also doesn't have a super strong scent and it doesn't leave your skin feeling weird. I noticed they also have deodorant wipes that could really come in handy during the summer!
I made these delicious breakfast/lunch potatoes yesterday. I seasoned them with garlic powder, salt, pepper and of course nooch. I dipped them in ketchup and this delicious BBQ sauce. Super good stuff!
I was going to make a sushi bowl for dinner, but I was so drained when I got home from work that seemed like too much work. So gluten free spaghetti with marinara to the rescue! Topped with nooch and crushed red pepper. Sometimes you need a noodle hug!
Tomorrow before work I'm going to shop for my budget week. I think I might do a different store each week to show that it really is easier than some people may think. I think I might even do a week at Whole Foods because they have lowered their prices and also they have a great bulk section.
Speaking of  bulk items, I was gifted these hemp produce bags! A customer gave them to me because I asked him where he got them, and he said they were gifted to him but he never uses them so he gave them to me. I tried to argue but he seriously insisted. He said he'd rather see someone actually use them. What a score right! I told him they would be lovingly used until they fall apart!






13 comments:

  1. Awesome stuff! Nice finds! I agree with the NOODLE HUGS, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes a giant bowl of simple pasta is the best.
    That is really sweet of that customer! And they will be well used with you, I know.
    Your breakfast potatoes look amazing. I love nooch and BBQ sauce as a combination.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot how good simple pasta can be.
      I thought it was so sweet too. I'm still kind of shocked to be honest!
      Nooch and BBQ sauce seriously are like chocolate and peanut butter!

      Delete
  3. I use that same hand sanitizer, haha! Your potatoes look great, and the pasta, too! That's so nice that you were gifted those bags!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like it. It doesn't dry my skin out which is why I've never liked hand sanitizer.

      Delete
  4. I look forward to your budget week posts. Lately I've become obsessed with Vegan Vloggers Dollar Tree challenge videos. They make a week's worth of meals using only vegan items they scored at the Dollar Tree. It's really fun to see what people come up with. And you're so right, it flies in the face of anyone who says that vegan eating is inherently expensive. Personally, I think it's probably less expensive than an omnivore diet, as long as you avoid all the packaged stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's the packaged stuff that makes people think it's so expensive. But non vegan package foo can be expensive too. I know that for a fact because I'm ringing it up!

      Delete
  5. Seriously nothing says comfort food like noodles. Well, buttered (earth balance original) noodles for me :))
    That was such a kind gesture to gift those hemp bags to you! That must have made your day! I also totally understand what he was saying, so i am sure he was just happy they will be put to good use.
    I think with saavy shopping and your level of creativity it’s definitely possible to shop on a budget at whole foods. I discovered that the 365 vegan meatless balls are the same price as trader joe’s which was a pleasant surprise.
    As an aside, would you consider applying to work for whole foods? I know they offer some great employee benefits (including 20% discount on groceries) and now you have some good experience too
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like buttered noodles too! That's a real comfort meal right there!
      I'm pretty excited to do see what I can do for thirty dollars a week at Whole Foods. I think it will be totally possible with a little thought.
      I really don't want to work in a grocery store anymore, but at the same time I feel like I'd be a lot happier. And wow, a discount on groceries, what a great concept!!!

      Delete
    2. I would love to work at whole foods myself! If nothing else than to score the “damanged” items that go to the employee break room and learn recipes for the prepared food items :)) certainly doesn’t have to be a forever after job, but could work as a right now job.
      Ttrockwood

      Delete
  6. Thanks for sharing the sanitizer! It looks like a great option. That potato bowl looks like heaven, serious perfection right there! The hemp produce bags are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The hand sanitizer is really great, highly recommend!!

      Delete