Monday, March 9, 2020

What I Ate to Feel Better


I didn't post much last week because I was not in a good place with my mental health. I have a few healthy habits I do every day to kind of help me manage my mental health, and when I get too low I stop doing those things.
Yesterday I forced myself to get up, and be healthy and at least try. So, I started my day with this celery, romaine and apple juice.
As someone who used to always choose the self destructive path to deal with life, when I make the effort to make healthy choices it automatically makes me feel better. And not to sound cliche, but one healthy choice leads to another.
I've had some frozen fruit in my freezer for way too long, so I decided to have a smoothie. This is cranberries, raspberries, hemp seeds, oat milk, and avocado. She was tart! Avocados make nice and creamy smoothies, but they add no sweetness.
I also ha this new flavor of Brew Dr. kombucha and a new fizzy water. The booch is way better than the water.
I really haven't had much of an appetite the last dew days so I haven't gotten groceries for the week yet. I had a tiny bit of leftover tofu, soy curls and a tiny amount of romaine that desperately needed to be use so I cooked the tofu and soy curls in some hoisin and sambal oelek and made what else? A rice bowl!
With not much in the fridge, I feel like I got some nutrients in, and actually had a tasty dinner. And I woke up today feeling better, and like I want to continue doing things that make me feel good.
Bubba sleeping like an angel. Seeing him love life inside, and slowly learning how to cat inside has been really amazing. And although Kiki is still very bothered by his presence, she attacks him a bit less so he's loving life even more!
And look at these two!! Kiki loves to cuddle so much, mostly with Afro and Etta. My dream is one ay to walk in and see Kiki and Bubba cuddling!






8 comments:

  1. I hope you're feeling even better now and maybe the spring weather will uplift your spirits a bit.

    Remember last week, when you bought those 4 bags of Vegan Rob's misspelled Brussels Sprout Puffs. Well, I had an opportunity to look at those same puffs at the grocers yesterday. The spelling is "Brussels Sprout Puffs" with the missing "S". The department manager there said that those misspelled bags are collector's items worth way more than original price. Vegan Rob's website also verifies the spelling. https://veganrobs.com/products/brussel-sprouts

    Congratulations! It looks like you got a real unique bargain not to mention a great puffs snack that you like :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have one bag left and now I don't want to eat them!!
      That explains the WooHoo price!

      Delete
  2. Glad you're feeling better!! Making the healthy choice always helps me too (but sometimes, I make the unhealthy choice instead and then I feel even worse!). You're so right about avo smoothies. I love the texture, but I always end up adding agave or maple or something to sweeten it up. The rice bowl looks yummy. And Bubba is such a sweet baby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. When I start the day with a bad choice, it usually leads to more.
      Avocado makes the texture so dreamy, but sweetener is definitely needed!
      Bubba is so freaking sweet!!!

      Delete
  3. Healthy choices can be hard to make sometimes! I hope you can feel better soon. I've been struggling some myself lately. Fingers crossed for us both.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are. But I keep reminding myself how much better I feel when I make them!
      I hope you feel better soon. It's so hard!!!!
      Fingers crossed and hugs for us both!

      Delete
  4. I am glad you were able to make the good choices, it can be so hard to sometimes. I hope you feel better, and be gentle with yourself. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you made the effort to do what you needed to start feeling better! <3
    Bubba is such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete