Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Stuff I Saw and Stuff I Bought!

Since I didn't get groceries over the weekend, I went yesterday. What a difference a few days makes! Sprouts is never really insanely busy, but Monday mid morning is just so relaxing an peaceful! I even got a few pictures of some new to me things that I saw but didn't buy.
I remember in my vegetarian days I liked to buy shredded colby jack, or whatever cheese was white and yellow for certain dishes where I just didn't know which cheese to buy. I've always wondered why Daiya didn't offer a combo of their shreds and now I guess they do!!
I don't go down the boxed vegan milk aisle very often, it's milk and cereal and granola bars which is stuff I don't buy. But I meandered down the aisle anyway and saw this. I feel like sesame milk would be bitter, but maybe I'm wrong? It's pretty pricey so I don't see myself trying. Has anyone had this?
Remember when Amy's was the only brand of frozen meals and most of them weren't vegan? Now there's Gardein entrees and even Sprouts has their own line! They have a few other "chicken" frozen meals. My problem is they all are made with cauliflower rice and I don't like that. But, it's great that these exist, and I know I'm in the minority on cauliflower rice, it's everywhere!!!
Sprouts has vegetarian and vegan options, and I appreciate that they label the meals as such. Remember back in the dark ages before labeling? I remember those days and having to rea and reread everything!!!!
Coconut milk, coffee, mandarins, apples, Cara Cara oranges, avocado, jalapeno, baby carrots, gluten free pretzels,potatoes, ginger, garlic, tofu,celery, onion,lemons, cannelini beans


I had a five dollar off thirty dollars coupon, so that haul was twenty nine dollars! I have a few bulk items like rice and lentils that I will be getting at Winco. I'll probably spend about four or five dollars bringing my weekly haul to around thirty five dollars. I've said it a million times, but I'll say it again, I'm so grateful to have a Sprouts. I would never be able to have so much fresh fruit and veg on my budget if it weren't for Sprouts.
Spring is Sprunging!


3 comments:

  1. Ooooh, I will have to look for those wings at Sprouts!! I rarely look at the frozen meals cause I don't typically eat them (unless I'm having one of those CRAZY busy weeks when I cannot cook at all). But I'd spring for those. Also would love to try the sesame milk!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Frozen dinners got me through my early vegan days. I ate the Amy's tofu scramble SO MANY TIMES. There's a kosher brand, Mon Cuisine, that also does a few I like, especially the vegan schnitzel over rice. I'm glad there are more options these days, but I'll always have a special place in my heart for the tofu scramble and vegan schnitzel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cauliflower rice is fine for what it is but it certainly doesn't replace rice in my books. People need to realise vegans want CARBS!
    I recently tried a frozen dinner that at some point in the very distant future will end up on my blog as I slowly catch up on my backlog. It was a white bean and mushroom risotto, which I know isn't very exciting, but it was actually pretty good. But I tend to find that frozen meals are expensive and not big enough for my hungry tummy.

    ReplyDelete