Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Red Lentil and Sweet Potato Soup

Last week I made this delicious red lentil and sweet potato soup. For dinner I had it with some Jasmine rice, and then for breakfast the next day I had it with some tofu croutons. I just love the color!
It's super simple to make and very budget friendly. I feel almost silly sharing the recipe, but I figured I will anyway. I feel like lentils and sweet potatoes are ingredients a lot of people probably have on hand right now.




                                                       Red Lentil and Sweet Potato Soup

  • 1 Medium Onion, sliced
  • 2 Cloves Garlic
  • 1 Inch Piece of Ginger
  • 1 Medium Large Sweet Potato 
  • 1 Cup red Lentils
  • 1 Can Coconut Milk
  • 1 Cup Water( depending on how thick or thin you want the soup you might need a little more)
  • 1/2 Tsp. Turmeric Powder
  • 1 Tsp. Curry Powder
  • 1/2 Tsp. Garam Masala
  • 1/2 Tsp. Crushed Red Pepper
  • Salt and pepper to taste
Slice the onion, garlic and ginger and saute in a little oil of choice(I used coconut oil) for a few minutes over medium heat. Next add your spices and saute for a few more minutes. Next add the potatoes and lentils along with one to one and a half cups of water, bring to a boil an then turn the heat to low and simmer for about twenty minutes. Turn off heat, let the soup cool for a bit and then add the soup to a blender and blend until smooth. You can also use an immersion blender right in the pot. Pour the soup back into the pot, add the coconut milk and simmer for ten more minutes. Enjoy!

 I know I'm not the only one feeling stressed and anxious, and sometimes anxiety can cause stomach issues as I've been learning. I found this soup to be very soothing.



5 comments:

  1. This looks delicious and homey and totally able to be made Susan friendly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually thought of you when I made this. I think cashew cream would work perfectly. I remember trying a recipe for a curry like dish and it used blended cashews instead of coconut milk and it was delicious!!!

      Delete
  2. This definitely sounds like such a soothing soup!

    ReplyDelete