Sunday, March 29, 2020

My Favorite Home Workouts Plus Cats!

I know gyms are closed all over, and while you can still go out for walks, runs and hikes as long as you stay away from people, working out at home is also an option thanks to YouTube. I've always work out at home, even before YouTube. I remember years ago trying a gym membership and I went one time. That's all it took to realize working out in public is not for me.
I thought maybe I could pass on my favorite workout channels on YouTube. There are a lot of wonderful channels, and some real stinkers so maybe I can help save everyone some time. I like to do a variety of workouts, and I do yoga several times a week as well.
My favorite yoga channels are Fightmaster Yoga and Yoga with Jess. Both have so many videos, ranging from beginner to advanced, and videos ranging from ten minutes to over an hour.
As for more cardio and full body workouts, I love Popsugar Fitness so much. They have a HUGE variety of videos including cardio, dance, yoga pilates, kickboxing and so many I haven't even discovered yet! They have all kinds of different trainers with different styles and I truly feel like there's something for everyone! One of my favorite trainers is Jake Dupree. He's the sassy and funny but also means business trainer and I just want to hang out with him all the time!
Body Project is another favorite. They have beginner, advanced, high and low impact and they're just really encouraging and fun. Low impact options are important for those of us with downstairs neighbors!! I also like Fitness Blender. They have a huge variety of workouts, including lots of workouts for specific body parts like ten minute abs, or squats etc. They have a huge catalogue of workouts, so again something for everyone.
There are a million more workout channels, these are just my favorites and who I kind of always rely on. Most of these channels have really upped their content to help people who still want to workoutat home during this scary time.
I've always found working out to be very beneficial to my mental health, and of course it's good for physical health as well!
I took this picture this morning. Bubba is trying cuddling with a wee bit of social distancing. This is a whole new time for all of us! Kiki actually stayed calm and didn't whack him!


5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the recommendations! I love the 10 minute morning workouts on YouTube from Yoga with Kassandra, and the yoga-in-bed routines from Yoga by Candace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew I was forgetting someone, I love Yoga with Kassandra!! She is very soothing, and she has two floofy cats that almost always interrupt and I love it!!

      Delete
  2. Neat, I'll have to check out some of your recommendations!
    Sweet Bubba, I'm so happy he's starting to cuddle with the others! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so proud of him, and also Kiki who is very, very slowly starting to come around!!!

      Delete
  3. Yay Bubba!!!!
    And that you for these recommendations. I am not doing yoga (feeling pretty good that I didn't renew my membership earlier in the year!) or going to personal training at the moment, and I have been looking for inspiration to keep my body moving. I need some sort of movement to help manage my pain.

    ReplyDelete