Monday, January 26, 2015

Booch to the Rescue!

So, Saturday morning I made my monthly trip to the Co-op to bulk up. I was already a little drained from work the night before, and on the way to the Co-op I went and got my feelings hurt by someone in my so called family. If it seems like I don't talk about family much, it's because in many ways I don't really have one. It's a long one, so I'll just leave it at that for now. Back to the Co-op, so by the time I arrived at the Co-op, I was drained, cold, and I felt very frazzled. As I'm shopping around, I noticed a new to me Kombucha, made by KeVita, who makes a line of probiotic drinks that I have seen, but never purchased because homemade booch. I decided to try this brand of Kombucha for several reasons, those being, I needed a pick-up, my booch was at home, and this was on sale. The flavor that was available to me was ginger, and wow, did it deliver! It had that perfect spicy ginger kick. I forget the brand, but I know I've tried a ginger Kombucha before, and it was a very wimpy flavor. What was interesting to me is stevia leaf is listed as an ingredient, (I noticed after opening) and stevia and I are not friends. I have tried several things with stevia, and all I can say is blech. This booch had not even an iota of stevia nastiness. I felt uplifted from not only the booch, but the heavy dose of ginger. There really is something about ginger that just makes me feel better.
I looked on KeVita's website, and it looks like they have some amazing flavor combos, like Lavender Melon, Pineapple Peach, and Raspberry Lemon (yum). They also offer Grapefruit, and Tart Cherry, in addition to the Ginger flavor. I can't vouch for those flavors, but if they are like the ginger, they should be spot on, and worth every penny. Although I don't buy pre-made Kombucha often, when I do I will reach for this brand.

No comments:

Post a Comment