Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Unacceptable

I woke up to very disappointing news. I'm very saddened to hear that they decided not to indict Darren Wilson, the man who shot Michael Brown Jr. I guess I must be more naïve than I thought, as I truly thought he would be indicted. Nothing would make what happened okay, but at least justice being served would have brought his family some closure, and could also have sent a positive message that this will not be tolerated. Now his family is left with nothing but broken hearts and the black cloud of injustice hovering around.
I can't believe I live in a country where people are anything but sad. As we are having the holiday season aggressively shoved down our throats, maybe we should take a cold hard look at the real truth- it is about to be 2015..... and this shit is not only happening, we are giving it the green light. Every racist fuck in this country is high fiving, and feeling so comfortable in their hateful, ugly skin. And all of us who are not racist are letting this shit go on, because we don't know how to fight it. And I feel very strongly that it is to the point where it is not good enough to just not be racist. People are getting killed, fat, ugly, scourge of the earth people are allowed to walk around, and possibly appear on Fox News and proudly spread their hate, and it has to stop. I don't know what the answer to everything is, but it has been proven over and fucking over that hate and violence is not the answer.
Michael Brown Jr., your life mattered.

No comments:

Post a Comment