Sunday, August 2, 2020

Tea Time

Giving up my daily coffee habit is one of the best decisions I've made for my health. I used to really abuse caffeine, I'm talking one or two whole pots a day, plus several red bulls. Yikes and Yuk. Many years ago I switched from coffee to green tea and yerba mate. Both still have caffeine, but much less and I don't abuse either.
When the pandemic hit, between stress, sluggishness and depression I started having coffee more and more, until I was having it daily, sometimes more than one cup. So, I've replaced regular coffee with decaf so I can still have my iced cold brew latte, just minus the caffeine, and I've restocked green tea and yerba mate. I found some yerba mate on close out at Smith's, so the universe seems to support my choice!
Cashew milk, kale, instant gravy, kombucha, matcha, sporttea,yerba mate, rice ramen, mint yerba mate, cilantro, green onion, zucchini, jalapeno, grape popsicles, nag champa, coconut water
I feel like a walking zombie. I'm not getting the horrible caffeine headaches because I'm still taking in caffeine, but since it's so reduced I'm definitely in a fog!
Last night for dinner I  made ramen! I used brown rice ramen noodles, and added mushroom, kale, cabbage, garlic and baked tofu. I seasoned the broth with tamari, mushroom powder and some of the chicken-less seasoning from Trader Joe's. This definitely hit the spot!
GT's is not my favorite kombucha. I remember when it was pretty much the only choice, but now there are so many better options! But I am a sucker for pineapple, and it was on sale. Hands down the best GT's booch I've tried. Nice pineapple flavor and the least vinegar-y. Eleven out of ten!!

3 comments:

  1. Good luck to you! I had to give up almost all caffeine at the age of 20 so I haven't really lived with it. But I did miss my chai lattes for a while! Chicory tea tastes like coffee, if decaf stops appealing to you. I recently found Celestial Seasonings "Bengal Spice" tea and it's really satisfying--the flavors are like coffee and chocolate and chai, but it's all herbal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't drink coffee (black tea and even green tea are pushing it a bit for me) due to the caffeine having not great effects on my body and my brain. I am peppermint tea all the way. Though I love lots of other herbal teas, and I also really love rooibos based teas. Rooibos chai or vanilla is *chefs kiss*
    If you are into podcasts, This Podcast Will Kill You had a really interesting episode on caffeine a couple of weeks ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your ramen bowl looks like the perfect dinner!

    ReplyDelete