Friday, August 21, 2020

Chickpeas and Crumbles

 I've been finding new cooking and food channels on YouTube. Some vegan, some just very vegan friendly. I recently discovered a channel called Delish, and I watched series on chickpeas, specifically called 19 shocking chickpea recipes!! I got some great ideas and was reminded of Kung Pao chickpeas which I haven't made in awhile!

 

The delicious Kung Pao sauce really clings and coats to the chickpeas, so it's really flavorful. It also comes together really quickly, and of course chickpeas are friendly on the old budget. 

 

I've passed this by so  many times at Winco, because other than their tempeh, Tofurky is a pretty gluten-y company. So I always assumed it was made of seitan like their slices, but it's made from tempeh! You know what they say about assuming!

I'm excited to try them, and I definitely want to do something other than tacos! I was thinking of maybe trying to make some Kebobs, or maybe Bulgogi. I haven't decided, but I definitely feel like trying something new!

Have you used these crumbles?

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I never did either. I've only seen them at Winco!!

      Delete
  2. I have used those crumbles ages ago, when we used to get the full Tofurky range here. Now we only get a minimal range and the crumbles are out. I can't remember what I made with them.

    ReplyDelete